• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Press Conference In the making

1opencarrier

imported post

A press conference is being put together in Opposition of AB1934 to refute the Lies and unsubstantiated statements made by Lori Saldana and her Panel of Supporters. How dare she lie and mislead the public with false and ambiguous statements. Tom Amiano we personally don't care what you want you work for us remember its what we want. Amiano remember it wasn't an open carrier who killed the mayor it was a sworn Police Officer who was commisioned to carry a weapon he shot and killed the mayor and a supervisor get your facts straight. How many UOC ER"S are in favor of a Press Conference Please come forth and lets have dicussion on this.

pullnshoot25

imported post

1opencarrier wrote:
A press conference is being put together in Opposition of AB1934 to refute the Lies and unsubstantiated statements made by Lori Saldana and her Panel of Supporters. How dare she lie and mislead the public with false and ambiguous statements. Tom Amiano we personally don't care what you want you work for us remember its what we want. Amiano remember it wasn't an open carrier who killed the mayor it was a sworn Police Officer who was commisioned to carry a weapon he shot and killed the mayor and a supervisor get your facts straight. How many UOC ER"S are in favor of a Press Conference Please come forth and lets have dicussion on this.
Who are you planning this with?

Even better, who are you?

jsebclark

imported post

I'm for it. I think though that at this point we have missed our window of opportunity to respond to the bill with its passage of the assembly public safety committee. I think that our press conference would gain the most momentum if it was in response to some action that the legislature took. For example, if it passes/or failsin the appropriations committee or better yet, if it pass/fails on the assembly floor.

Some pros to this is that it gives us some more time to gather facts, information, and people to put together a meaningful press conference. Keep in mind that we aren't really an organize group, so all of this has to be done by grassroots type of people. That takes time. The more time the better we can prepare.

In any case, me and my family will be there to support and defend.