• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

worn glock 19 barrel

ODA 226

imported post

I've shot over 50,000+ rounds through mine and it still serves me well. If you haven't shot more than that, you're most likely good to go.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Taking the barrel (preferably NOT still in the gun!!!!!!:shock:) and looking through it at a bright light should show....

Well defined rifling with no scratches.

Rifling that goes all the way to edge of the chamber. If the rifling seems to get less defined close to the chamber the barrel is becoming "burned out" from the blast of fire when the powder is ignited.

Look at the muzzle... there should be no nicks, scratches, or damage of any kind.

Look at the barrel itself from the outside... there should be no bulging along the length. Lay a straight edge along the length of the barrel if there is any question in your mind.

Glocks use Polygonal rifling (please do a 'net search for Polygonal Rifling for more info on that) that has more like hills and valleys so the rifling won't look the same as others that use conventional sharp edged looking "lands and grooves".

The good thing about pistol gun barrels is.... they last a very long time. Generally the barrel will outlast the owner of the gun.