Thread: OC in Norther Va. (Manassas)

Post imported post

I'll be moving back to northern va soon (Manassas)and want to know if anyone has had any problems with open carry there. I've been carrying here in Augusta county and haven't had any issues.

On a side note, we travelled to North Carolina recently, another OC state with reciprocity for Virginia. Shortly after crossing the border into NC we stopped at a rest stop. I kept my glock on my side and went into the restroom. The rest stop attendent seemed a little surprised to see someone with a gun on his hip and stopped working to watch me. As I finished my business and walked out of the mens room, he followed me. As I stood there awaiting my girlfriend, he asked if I am Policia. I told him No without any further explanation. Then one of his female coworkers, in another room, heard him talking and asked him what he was saying. She came into the room and they rattled off a conversation in spanish about how I'm not a policeman but have a pistola on my hip.

Does no one in NC open carry?

Post imported post

Welcome back to NoVA.
    You should have posted your comments/questions in the VA section since it would more than likely generate comments, since it's about VA.

No problems for me since moving to PWC 2 yrs ago.

Check out the VA section for more info.
    There is also a thread for PWC (Prince William County), where many post their non issues:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/3383.html

~Marco

Ps.
    There is an OC lunch today in Haymarket,you're welcome to attend:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/43160.html
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Thanks for the info. As for the luncheon, I won't be up there until mid-May. I'll have to take a rain check and catch you at the next one.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

VeronaGlock wrote:
    I'll be moving back to northern va soon (Manassas)and want to know if anyone has had any problems with open carry there. I've been carrying here in Augusta county and haven't had any issues.

On a side note, we travelled to North Carolina recently, another OC state with reciprocity for Virginia. Shortly after crossing the border into NC we stopped at a rest stop. I kept my glock on my side and went into the restroom. The rest stop attendent seemed a little surprised to see someone with a gun on his hip and stopped working to watch me. As I finished my business and walked out of the mens room, he followed me. As I stood there awaiting my girlfriend, he asked if I am Policia. I told him No without any further explanation. Then one of his female coworkers, in another room, heard him talking and asked him what he was saying. She came into the room and they rattled off a conversation in spanish about how I'm not a policeman but have a pistola on my hip.

Does no one in NC open carry?
    I live around six miles from Manassas and go in there a lot - this morning I will be going there. I have yet to have a problem going about my business in Manassas or any other part of the county (excepting one citizen last year - no LEO's). You'll be fine.

As for OC'ing in NC, I suspect it's not as common there as it is in Virginia. Virginia is the most lenient of the Southern states when it comes to carrying a defensive arm, as you no doubt already know. From what I understand, NC has some restrictions which are a little strange.

Anyway, we hope to see you here at a get together.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I look forward to it.