• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU - Self-defense shooting sparks move to ease gun carry ermit process in Nebraska

mtncrash1

imported post

The charges that were pending were Carrying concealed without a permit. Those have since been droped due to lack of conclusive evidence.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mtncrash1 wrote:
The charges that were pending were Carrying concealed without a permit. Those have since been droped due to lack of conclusive evidence.
So then he should be able to get a permit to purchase then - right?

Yata hey

mtncrash1

imported post

He already has that.The purchase permit and gun registration are two different things.What he needed was the new gun registered with the city. And yes he should be able to do this and then pick up his new gun from the dealer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mtncrash1 wrote:
He already has that.The purchase permit and gun registration are two different things.What he needed was the new gun registered with the city. And yes he should be able to do this and then pick up his new gun from the dealer.
Omaha has entirely too many unnecessary hoops through which one must jump and obviously I am not fully cognizant of them. It appeared from what I had read earlier that he had been denied the purchase permit.

In any event, it seems that it is working out for him - I'm glad.

Yata hey

mtncrash1

imported post

In the state you have to get a purchase permit which is good for 3 years. They do a background check and when time to buy no NICS is done on you. Omaha requires that all handguns be registered if you live in the city limits unless you have a CCW.If you buy a handgun from a dealer in the city limits they require you to go and register it before the dealer can let you have the gun.Total pain in the ass here but it is getting better.