• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor signs bill 64

boomer92266

imported post

On Tuesday, April 13, Senate Bill 64 was signed into law by Governor Steve Beshear (D).

The bill, sponsored by State Senator Gary Tapp (R-20), will create a “no-net-loss” hunting policy for public hunting lands, requiring that the Commonwealth maintain at least the same amount and quality of available public hunting land as currently exists. It will also require that additional lands be opened to hunting if land that is currently open to hunting is closed. SB64 will also allowing a law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm for self-defense during bow hunting season.

if ya'll remember last september it was the kdfw that was partialy at fault for my 10yr old beagle being killed by 2 pitt bulls, i did say partialy cause i should have carried anyways nomatter what i was told on the phone. i was told i couldn't carry while running my dog and when it was attacked i had nothing to stop them. well after i called my state senator, the kdfw called me back saying that i could carry in self defense, even sent me a letter out telling me. i have since been open carrying alot more, i don't evengo outside in my yard without my gun on. even tho open carry is protected under the constitution, its good to see that we have senators and a governor that help make it less of a hassel in doing so. way to go mr. beshear.