• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gunsmith recommendation for night sight install on XD

kchau

imported post

im looking for a recommendation for a gunsmith to install trijicon night sights on my xd subcompact, from what ive heard, these guns are a PITA to install.

so i dont want any random joe gunsmith doing the work.

sirpuma

imported post

I was able to get mine done on my XD Tactical, but a couple weeks ago I had an XD service model that just wouldn't budge for me. I can give it a shot if you like, but I also heard that SA will do them for you. Not sure if they charge.

krazichinaman

imported post

I've have the same sights installed on both my XDs. I went to Federal Way Discount guns. The first XD had them installed while I was waiting for the paper work to go through (On my 21st bday). The 2nd set was done in about 25 minutes.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

kchau wrote:
im looking for a recommendation for a gunsmith to install trijicon night sights on my xd subcompact, from what ive heard, these guns are a PITA to install.

Sell the XD and get a Glock.

Or give it to sirpuma.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

kchau wrote:

The sights on an XD are very tough to remove and install as they of a designed tapered dovetail to lock it in and they have a special tool to do this with, do not try it yourself or some back yard gunsmith.

I considered night sights and went with Crimson Laser Grips and very happy with them.