• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wouldn’t It Be Refreshing…

M

McX

imported post

guess i'll come hang out here. where there's no shouting going on? i don't think the mod will shut this one down, since were all acting like gentlemen here. i was kinda saving stuff to talk about for our next coffee. but i'll throw some stuff out to yak about;

so anyone hear a peep out of anyone in authority as to how the supreme ones are going to rule? any tv experts? anything?

you think we got it bad, i parused the cal forum. them boys is walking around with no mag.'s in their guns. you'd think being cal, and having arnold, they'd all be 'getting to the choppers now'. guess there is a worse place huh?

so j.b. is going to run again. he knows he's got us in his pocket. shame the rest are all lovers of school zones, and concealed. bet they try to legislate out open carry.

minim-rant; i was amazed how accepted we are at starbucks. judging from the clientel i saw going in and out of there, you'd think they would text 911 on us. but they accept us! to them i guess it's like seeing a flock of rare birds come to nest for awhile. they study us. management sees our moola. everybody's happy. we get sacred ground.

still kinda waiting for 2 things on my next gun purchase; moola, and a plce that allows open carry i can spend my bucks at around here. kinda fits the word hypocrit, to sell, but not allow to have freely- so to speak. so i wait. their loss.

don't like the way the thing that hubert is dealing with is going. bet there's some back door meetings going on on this bit. they didn't figure wisconsincarry would show up. never underestimate us. ask state patrol headquarters. being the dodgy kind of feller i am, i posted the wiscarry logo, and pics on my classmates dot whatever. don't do the facebook thang. hear bad things about it. still a proud membber though.

ordered my starbucks guns and coffee t-shirts. part of my evil plan.

over to you guys..............tell me somethin' good!

hunter9mm

imported post

So lets drop all of the troll BS and show some respect. When the time comes you will all know when the real trolls appear. Until then grow up.
"Respect" is dying in this country, right next to "Common Sense" and "The Value of Life"

The only thing different about respect is that every human beingdeserves a certain level of respect, right out of the box, but from that point forward it's yours to loosesome or gainsome from there!

M

McX

imported post

well, hunter, i think it's cause alot of us are still of 'the time' where we heard things, that shaped our lives; like; c'mon people now, smile on your brother, everybody get it together, try to love one another right now. you know the song. it's there within you.

johnny amish

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I am not entirely sure that any of you are even aware what a troll is.

In the past we have had law enforcement officers come into the forum and pose as a regular member.

All the while they respond to every post and try to persuade other members that the risks of OCing are just to great and we should rethink our positions.

I cannot remember the user names off hand but I am sure that many of the older members know who I am talking about.

The constant disrespect that has been going on here has chased many valuable members away.

Members such as Lammie, for example. Lammie is a very valuable member and his experience is unreplaceable.

Or am I wrong? Should all of us older members just move on and leave OCDO to the young and the disrespectful and see where it ends up. Many of you can not represent yourselves properly and respectfully in this forum, so how the hell could you represent yourselves to law makers?

You all may want to take a step back and rethink the way you treat fellow members here before you click the send button.

As far as I am concerned any of you who consistently call another member troll should always remember that when you point a finger at someone you always have three pointing back at you.

So lets drop all of the troll BS and show some respect. When the time comes you will all know when the real trolls appear. Until then grow up.
Well said, we need to remember that we are a grass roots movement up against the odds. United we will stand, divided we will fall. Carry on.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have been staying away from this forum due specifically to the back and forth rants that occur on almost every thread. Seems like no matter what is posted by anyone there is always someone that will hijack the thread and criticize the post's made. One opinion turns into a debate and then into an argument and then into yelling matches VIA PM's. It never stops and it isn't just us from Wisconsin. I see bashing here all the time. A topic I started not long ago was about corrupt officials. OK. I didn't realize I was "bashing" anyone but once it was pointed out I stopped. (Thanks Doug) The thread was locked. That was a week or two ago. Since then I can find on this site (not necessarily Wisconsin forum) dozens if not more NEW topics specifically bashing police and others yet those threads are running hot and heavy. If we all followed all of the forum rules all the time the posts made here would look like a document received from the federal government after a Freedom of Information request. They would be censored and "blacked out". I also specifically "unwatch" any posts I make now because I KNOW someone will post something to entice an argument among us.

Lately I have been checking the Wisconsin forum only to find new information for meetings such as Steve (McX) has planned at Starbucks each month.
We definitely SHOULD get together and meet each other and see who we are conversing with. Maybe we would be more cordial with each other if we could put a face to the person we are replying to. I have met many of you at the various lunches and picnics and Starbucks and remember most if not all. There are some that I have not met nor do I think any of us will ever meet.

I do not understand why anyone is on this forum as a member that never gets out with us and never will attend the lunches, picnics, etc.

As for people on this forum that are here to infiltrate us and hurt the open carry movement I think they are relatively easy to spot. New to join, few posts and all of a sudden one of us receives a PM from that person asking personal information..."Where do you work?", "What kind of business do you have?", "Are you a police officer"? and the list goes on and on.

Thanks Jim (Hunter9mm) for this topic!

Phil

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

I agree with you rcawdor. I am about done with this forum. I have showed up at a few get togethers. But I do think I am by and large done with this forum. If I wanted drama I'd go back to bouncing. You are right, if we put faces to screennames there would be less bashing.

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I am not entirely sure that any of you are even aware what a troll is.

In the past we have had law enforcement officers come into the forum and pose as a regular member.

All the while they respond to every post and try to persuade other members that the risks of OCing are just to great and we should rethink our positions.

I cannot remember the user names off hand but I am sure that many of the older members know who I am talking about.

The constant disrespect that has been going on here has chased many valuable members away.

Members such as Lammie, for example. Lammie is a very valuable member and his experience is unreplaceable.

Or am I wrong? Should all of us older members just move on and leave OCDO to the young and the disrespectful and see where it ends up. Many of you can not represent yourselves properly and respectfully in this forum, so how the hell could you represent yourselves to law makers?

You all may want to take a step back and rethink the way you treat fellow members here before you click the send button.

As far as I am concerned any of you who consistently call another member troll should always remember that when you point a finger at someone you always have three pointing back at you.

I agree with you 100% J.

You and I have had words in the past, but I feel that rather fast we both realised that we are indeed on the same side. The laws that screw with me, are the same laws that screw with you. Someday, we will have all the time in the world to fight with each other, but right now we need to stand as one. This forum is called "opencarry.org", and opencarry rights is what it should be about.

As you have brought up in past posts J, my "new" fear is that we are going to see an attempt to install a permit system conceal carry bill that sucks. This new bill may very well try to take our right to open carry (or permit-less carry) away. The thought of seeing a "god given" right thrown away for a permit system is just unthinkable. Will excess parking tickets void my new permit?... I do not want to wait to find out... Again, we need to stand as one to see that this does not happen.

I might not like some of the things you like, and you might not agree with me 100% of the time, but when it comes to your rights as an American, all you have to do is ask, and I will have your back any time you need me (wish you didn't live so far). I think that's what this forum is about.

Men and guns (boys and toys), I guess we will have some "words" from time to time, but lets not forget the fight we are all in. With out you, I have no chance at all... With out you, I am just one...

Just my $.02...

Jason in WI

imported post

McX wrote:
still kinda waiting for 2 things on my next gun purchase; moola, and a plce that allows open carry i can spend my bucks at around here. kinda fits the word hypocrit, to sell, but not allow to have freely- so to speak. so i wait. their loss.
What were you planning on for your next sidearm? I read on your "Hi-Point Cafe" thread you haven't shot your Hi-Point yet, are you still planing on taking it to the range? I was looking at one to carry in the shop but I'm still not sure.

McX wrote:
ordered my starbucks guns and coffee t-shirts. part of my evil plan.
LOL I was just looking at those myself, booked marked the thread so I can message him tomorrow! I wonder if he made them in different colors yet, I'd hate for our outfits to clash at the next coffee klatch!

rcawdor57 wrote:
We definitely SHOULD get together and meet each other and see who we are conversing with. Maybe we would be more cordial with each other if we could put a face to the person we are replying to.
Your absolutely right. It makes a huge difference when you can picture the person your responding to.

M

McX

imported post

hi jason, nah haven't shot prescious yet. but i have one for a 'home gun', so that is the one that i'll probably try out. usually though, by the end of the day, i'm so tired, i end up in bed by 8 pm. sucks to get old. the hi point makes a great carry gun for 'tough environments' like the shop. mine has been dropped, bounced off of objects, even got the tailings of oil changes, and she still trucks on. no worse for the wear. as to which one(s) i want next; i'm torn between the XD45, and something in a 1911. but i just can't make up my mind! maybe both?! plus until i see an open carry friendly place, i just can't bring myself to spend anywhere. it's going to be a fashion stylish summer for us, wearing all those starbucks, guns and coffee t-shirts! my kids have staked out theirs from my order, when it arrives. then i'll turn my attention to wisconsincarry t-shirts to complete my summer wardrobe. the rest of the discussion we all seem to agree with, and everyone's on board with!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I once owned a Hi Point. It was actually very accurate the only thing I did not like was the take down. You had to remove a roll pin before removing the slide. Not sure if they have changed that yet. Other than that as I recall they have a life time warranty. I think the warranty stays with the firearm but I am not sure on that.

My favorite, S & W

I like the 6906 and the 410S

hunter9mm

imported post

No Problem Phil

Ya know, it's very true, (what someone mentioned earlier, don't remember who, or even where, might have been in a different thread completely but), when you get the chance to meet the guys here on this forum in person like the few I've met, it's so much harder to be an ASSHOLE on the forum, cause you're talking here, with faces in mind, instead of just a monitor and keyboard.

It will never cease to amaze me how "Indifferent" people can become locked behind a keyboard with limited contact to the outside world. Kinda sad, really.