Thread: Trip to Pasco

Post imported post

Me and the wife will be traveling to Pasco Washington tonight and I was wondering if there are any good places to shoot or any ranges that except guests? If there is some state land that is legal to shoot at with a back stop or at least a nice open range that would be great. I saw the two ranges that were available and they both say private so don't know if they allow outsiders. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Post imported post

Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility

Membership is only $30.

http://www.tcsa.info/tcsa.htm

Do check when they are open while you are in Pasco. $5.00 for non members when shooting an event.
    facility has 10 pistol bays, multi-purpose rifle and pistol ranges with 20 covered firing points, a 1000 yard hi-power rifle range, a primitive range, a plinking range, a sporting clays course and trap fields.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

Membership Application: http://www.tcsa.info/forms/New-Membe...-form-2010.pdf

Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

Is this place in Yakima county? close Yakima? or Moxee?

Post imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
    Is this place in Yakima county? close Yakima? or Moxee?
    I think its a county over actually(East). I know it is just north of Kennewick. Maybe 2 or 3 miles. Something tells me this what is known as the tri-city area. Cheers

Post imported post

I used to live in UnionGap - Yakima. and I think they open a range close to Moxee, but I am not shure, I go to Yakima very often, I live in Boise now, maybe my nephew who lives in Yakima will know.

My in law, does not like guns, and every time I go to visit in Yakima, I have to leave my gun in the car, any ideas in how to convence her to let me bring my gun into the house, I O.C. all the time in Wash, but not in her home.

Post imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
    I used to live in UnionGap - Yakima. and I think they open a range close to Moxee, but I am not shure, I go to Yakima very often, I live in Boise now, maybe my nephew who lives in Yakima will know.

My in law, does not like guns, and every time I go to visit in Yakima, I have to leave my gun in the car, any ideas in how to convence her to let me bring my gun into the house, I O.C. all the time in Wash, but not in her home.
    Their home, their rules. I have only one in-law who is an anit, I CC in their home and have for 20 years.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

ISRAEL wrote:

Go concealed while visiting her.

Or argue the issue of the high crime rate in Yakima and Vehicle Theft makes it dangerous to leave in the vehicle.

• Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

This is a nice indoor range and gun store.
    Hole In The Wall 7509 W Deschutes Ave
    Kennewick, WA 99336
    509-783-1111

There is a range just outside of Yakima but 14 miles from the Freeway and probably farther then you want to travel and get back on the road.

The way it has been around here it seems to be open season on gang members on the weekends, well weekdays to, normal hours are evening to late night unless bad weather, fair weather gangsters here lol.

• I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Post imported post

I think it will be nice to meet whith you in Yakima, My wife wants to see her sister this May, maybe on the Memorial Day, if you want to do it let me know, You may post a note in the Idaho side.

Post imported post

The Rose-Iris Range at TCSA is open to the public (you do not need to be a member or wait for a special event) for a $5.00 fee:

ROSE-IRIS RANGE - A 100-yard range with twenty covered firing points and a 22 cal plinking range. This day use supervised facility is operated for public use on a regularly scheduled basis Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and on Wednesdays during the summer months.

Post imported post

ISRAEL wrote:

I had that problem until I said if you want to visit, you will have to come outside orto my house, I will not leave the gun in the truck

Post imported post

She should believe you on the issue of crime in Yakima if not have her look here
    http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx...4-30b237fd7797

In one week 439 crimes, 20 auto thefts, 27 firearms calls, 137 assaults-burglary- robbery-sex crimes-theft/larceny

Who knows by the time she gets done looking at these stats you may be taking her down to get her a gun!

Post imported post

I asked to my wife to talk to her sister, they are very close, maybe by this time she has change her view about guns, my wife"love" guns and I don't know why she is againt it, will see what happens, if she still the same, we may go to my nephew appartment, or to a motel, will see., Thank all of you for the info.

I did C.C. at the StoneChurch, never know if this was ok. or not. Your vaquero friend Israel.

Post imported post

Hole in the Wall(509) 783-1111 7509 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick

Kennewick is right across the river from Pasco

Oops someone beat me to it. Call first to see if the range is busy. A gent always seems to be giving classes there and takes up the entire range to do so.

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    Hole in the Wall(509) 783-1111 7509 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick

Kennewick is right across the river from Pasco

Oops someone beat me to it. Call first to see if the range is busy. A gent always seems to be giving classes there and takes up the entire range to do so.
    +1

<-- Bought that bad boy there, matter of fact.

If you visit often, you can get a yearly membership with the Pasco Rifle and Pistol Club. $80/year.

http://www.prpcinfo.com/Pasco_Rifle_...Club/Home.html
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

oldkim wrote:

Membership is only $30.

Do check when they are open while you are in Pasco. $5.00 for non members when shooting an event.
    facility has 10 pistol bays, multi-purpose rifle and pistol ranges with 20 covered firing points, a 1000 yard hi-power rifle range, a primitive range, a plinking range, a sporting clays course and trap fields.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

I wan't to say thankyou for the this name drop. Me and my wife and my cousin and her girlfriend went out to this place and the people there were highly friendly and helpful. I don't think I have ever had that much enjoyment at a range. They even helped the ladies and my wife to understand how to hold the guns properly and so on and so forth. I would say to anyone who goes to this range that they will leave very happy and with some new knowledge. Thanks again oldkim

Post imported post

Glock17 wrote:
    oldkim wrote:

Membership is only $30.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

I wan't to say thankyou for the this name drop. Me and my wife and my cousin and her girlfriend went out to this place and the people there were highly friendly and helpful. I don't think I have ever had that much enjoyment at a range. They even helped the ladies and my wife to understand how to hold the guns properly and so on and so forth. I would say to anyone who goes to this range that they will leave very happy and with some new knowledge. Thanks again oldkim
    They're good people. Also, here this month they're hosting a regional IESC tournament. They usually have an IPSC tournament on the last Sunday of the month too.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill