• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip to Pasco

Glock17

imported post

Me and the wife will be traveling to Pasco Washington tonight and I was wondering if there are any good places to shoot or any ranges that except guests? If there is some state land that is legal to shoot at with a back stop or at least a nice open range that would be great. I saw the two ranges that were available and they both say private so don't know if they allow outsiders. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

oldkim

imported post

Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility

Membership is only $30.

http://www.tcsa.info/tcsa.htm

Do check when they are open while you are in Pasco. $5.00 for non members when shooting an event.
facility has 10 pistol bays, multi-purpose rifle and pistol ranges with 20 covered firing points, a 1000 yard hi-power rifle range, a primitive range, a plinking range, a sporting clays course and trap fields.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

Membership Application: http://www.tcsa.info/forms/New-Member-and-Renewal-form-2010.pdf

Glock17

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
Is this place in Yakima county? close Yakima? or Moxee?
I think its a county over actually(East). I know it is just north of Kennewick. Maybe 2 or 3 miles. Something tells me this what is known as the tri-city area. Cheers

ISRAEL

imported post

I used to live in UnionGap - Yakima. and I think they open a range close to Moxee, but I am not shure, I go to Yakima very often, I live in Boise now, maybe my nephew who lives in Yakima will know.

My in law, does not like guns, and every time I go to visit in Yakima, I have to leave my gun in the car, any ideas in how to convence her to let me bring my gun into the house, I O.C. all the time in Wash, but not in her home.:cuss::banghead:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
I used to live in UnionGap - Yakima. and I think they open a range close to Moxee, but I am not shure, I go to Yakima very often, I live in Boise now, maybe my nephew who lives in Yakima will know.

My in law, does not like guns, and every time I go to visit in Yakima, I have to leave my gun in the car, any ideas in how to convence her to let me bring my gun into the house, I O.C. all the time in Wash, but not in her home.:cuss::banghead:
Their home, their rules. I have only one in-law who is an anit, I CC in their home and have for 20 years.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

ISRAEL wrote:

Go concealed while visiting her.

Or argue the issue of the high crime rate in Yakima and Vehicle Theft makes it dangerous to leave in the vehicle.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

This is a nice indoor range and gun store.
Hole In The Wall 7509 W Deschutes Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336
509-783-1111

There is a range just outside of Yakima but 14 miles from the Freeway and probably farther then you want to travel and get back on the road.

The way it has been around here it seems to be open season on gang members on the weekends, well weekdays to, normal hours are evening to late night unless bad weather, fair weather gangsters here lol.

ISRAEL

imported post

I think it will be nice to meet whith you in Yakima, My wife wants to see her sister this May, maybe on the Memorial Day, if you want to do it let me know, You may post a note in the Idaho side.

Paul_

imported post

The Rose-Iris Range at TCSA is open to the public (you do not need to be a member or wait for a special event) for a $5.00 fee:

ROSE-IRIS RANGE - A 100-yard range with twenty covered firing points and a 22 cal plinking range. This day use supervised facility is operated for public use on a regularly scheduled basis Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and on Wednesdays during the summer months.

Trigger Dr

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:

I had that problem until I said if you want to visit, you will have to come outside orto my house, I will not leave the gun in the truck

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

She should believe you on the issue of crime in Yakima if not have her look here
http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx?aid=9ca66586-3943-4c53-a9b4-30b237fd7797

In one week 439 crimes, 20 auto thefts, 27 firearms calls, 137 assaults-burglary- robbery-sex crimes-theft/larceny

Who knows by the time she gets done looking at these stats you may be taking her down to get her a gun!

ISRAEL

imported post

I asked to my wife to talk to her sister, they are very close, maybe by this time she has change her view about guns, my wife"love" guns and I don't know why she is againt it, will see what happens, if she still the same, we may go to my nephew appartment, or to a motel, will see., Thank all of you for the info.

I did C.C. at the StoneChurch, never know if this was ok. or not. Your vaquero friend Israel.

Tekman

imported post

Hole in the Wall(509) 783-1111 7509 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick

Kennewick is right across the river from Pasco

Oops someone beat me to it. Call first to see if the range is busy. A gent always seems to be giving classes there and takes up the entire range to do so.

killchain

imported post

Tekman wrote:
Hole in the Wall(509) 783-1111 7509 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick

Kennewick is right across the river from Pasco

Oops someone beat me to it. Call first to see if the range is busy. A gent always seems to be giving classes there and takes up the entire range to do so.
+1

<-- Bought that bad boy there, matter of fact. :)

If you visit often, you can get a yearly membership with the Pasco Rifle and Pistol Club. $80/year.

http://www.prpcinfo.com/Pasco_Rifle_%26_Pistol_Club/Home.html

Glock17

imported post

oldkim wrote:

Membership is only $30.

Do check when they are open while you are in Pasco. $5.00 for non members when shooting an event.
facility has 10 pistol bays, multi-purpose rifle and pistol ranges with 20 covered firing points, a 1000 yard hi-power rifle range, a primitive range, a plinking range, a sporting clays course and trap fields.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

Membership Application: http://www.tcsa.info/forms/New-Member-and-Renewal-form-2010.pdf
I wan't to say thankyou for the this name drop. Me and my wife and my cousin and her girlfriend went out to this place and the people there were highly friendly and helpful. I don't think I have ever had that much enjoyment at a range. They even helped the ladies and my wife to understand how to hold the guns properly and so on and so forth. I would say to anyone who goes to this range that they will leave very happy and with some new knowledge. Thanks again oldkim

killchain

imported post

Glock17 wrote:
oldkim wrote:

Membership is only $30.

TCSA (509) 588-4770

I wan't to say thankyou for the this name drop. Me and my wife and my cousin and her girlfriend went out to this place and the people there were highly friendly and helpful. I don't think I have ever had that much enjoyment at a range. They even helped the ladies and my wife to understand how to hold the guns properly and so on and so forth. I would say to anyone who goes to this range that they will leave very happy and with some new knowledge. Thanks again oldkim
They're good people. Also, here this month they're hosting a regional IESC tournament. They usually have an IPSC tournament on the last Sunday of the month too. :)