• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The old lock box in the car trick.

freesoul.CA

imported post

Hi, I'm going to keep this one short and sweet for ya all,

It has dawned on me that the lock box in the car thing, when driving, is very counter productive :banghead: and a hassle to our movement, not to mention dangerous to individuals, who happen to be lawfully carrying open, getting in and out of their cars. I began this topic to facilitate conversation and ideas on how to protect open carry in a proactive way such as this. I have come to the conclusion or delusion that removing this infringement on our rights, from our way, may be the equivalent to removing a dam from a river. Any ideas on the issue? Is there any favorable legislation, at all, moving through our state right now?
Joe Cool loves peace, :cool: from the Golden State.

Open Carry-Just Do It.
Open Carry-Do It for our Children's future.:)
Do it for yourself. Do it for our future.
Lets do it together.

Silence is golden in the golden state.

:arrow:The steel is cold and the arms are strong. Lets keep it that way.

:arrow:forward type motion will create inertia. :arrow::arrow::arrow:
Inertia:arrow::arrow::arrow: is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion. It is represented numerically by an object's mass. The principle of inertia is one of the fundamental principles of classical physics which are used to describe the motion of matter and how it is affected by applied forces.

Inertia comes from the Latin word, "iners", meaning idle, or lazy. Sir Isaac Newton defined inertia in Definition 3 of his
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, which states:[1]
The vis insita, or innate force of matter is a power of resisting, by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavors to preserve in its present state, whether it be of rest, or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

:shock: :arrow::arrow::arrow: In common usage, however, people may also use the term "inertia" to refer to an object's "amount of resistance to change in velocity" (which is quantified by its mass), or sometimes to its momentum, depending on the context (e.g. "this object has a lot of inertia"). The term "inertia" is more properly understood as shorthand for "the principle of inertia" as described by Newton in his First Law of Motion. This law, expressed simply, says that an object that is not subject to any net external force moves at a constant velocity. In even simpler terms, inertia means that an object will always continue moving at its current speed and in its current direction until some force causes its speed or direction to change. This would include an object that is not in motion (velocity = zero), which will remain at rest until some force causes it to move.

On the surface of the Earth the nature of inertia is often masked by the effects of friction, which generally tends to decrease the speed of moving objects (often even to the point of rest), and by the acceleration due to gravity. The effects of these two forces misled classical theorists such as Aristotle, who believed that objects would move only as long as force was being applied to them.[2]:arrow:
:arrow::arrow::arrow:Inertia is the tendency of a body to maintain its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted upon by an external force.

So much for short.:) Still sweet though.JOE COOL:cool:

giaking70

imported post

freesoul.CA wrote:

It has dawned on me that the lock box in the car thing, when driving, is very counter productive :banghead: and a hassle to our movement, not to mention dangerous to individuals, who happen to be lawfully carrying open, getting in and out of their cars. I began this topic to facilitate conversation and ideas on how to protect open carry in a proactive way such as this. I have come to the conclusion or delusion that removing this infringement on our rights, from our way, may be the equivalent to removing a dam from a river. Any ideas on the issue? Is there any favorable legislation, at all, moving through our state right now?

Open Carry-Just Do It.
Lets do it together.

Inertia:arrow::arrow::arrow: is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion. It is represented numerically by an object's mass. The principle of inertia is one of the fundamental principles of classical physics which are used to describe the motion of matter and how it is affected by applied forces.

Inertia comes from the Latin word, "iners", meaning idle, or lazy. Sir Isaac Newton defined inertia in Definition 3 of his
The vis insita, or innate force of matter is a power of resisting, by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavors to preserve in its present state, whether it be of rest, or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

:shock: :arrow::arrow::arrow: In common usage, however, people may also use the term "inertia" to refer to an object's "amount of resistance to change in velocity" (which is quantified by its mass), or sometimes to its momentum, depending on the context (e.g. "this object has a lot of inertia"). The term "inertia" is more properly understood as shorthand for "the principle of inertia" as described by Newton in his First Law of Motion. This law, expressed simply, says that an object that is not subject to any net external force moves at a constant velocity. In even simpler terms, inertia means that an object will always continue moving at its current speed and in its current direction until some force causes its speed or direction to change. This would include an object that is not in motion (velocity = zero), which will remain at rest until some force causes it to move.

On the surface of the Earth the nature of inertia is often masked by the effects of friction, which generally tends to decrease the speed of moving objects (often even to the point of rest), and by the acceleration due to gravity. The effects of these two forces misled classical theorists such as Aristotle, who believed that objects would move only as long as force was being applied to them.[2]:arrow:
:arrow::arrow::arrow:Inertia is the tendency of a body to maintain its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted upon by an external force.

uhh, ok....but just exactly what were you getting at with all this?? You totally got me confused. The Science and Laws of Physics Classes are all over in the next building..----------------->this way

dirtykoala

imported post

freesoul.CA wrote:

Open Carry-Just Do It.
Lets do it together.

i agree. something does need to be done about the locked box in a school zone thing, i dont think we have anything moving forward right now. it will probably take some time.

Time is part of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. Time has been a major subject of religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a non-controversial manner applicable to all fields of study has consistently eluded the greatest scholars.

Time is one of the seven fundamental physical quantities in the International System of Units. Time is used to define other quantities — such as velocity — so defining time in terms of such quantities would result in circularity of definition.[1][/suP] An operational definition of time, wherein one says that observing a certain number of repetitions of one or another standard cyclical event (such as the passage of a free-swinging pendulum) constitutes one standard unit such as the second, is highly useful in the conduct of both advanced experiments and everyday affairs of life. The operational definition leaves aside the question whether there is something called time, apart from the counting activity just mentioned, that flows and that can be measured. Investigations of a single continuum called spacetime bring questions about space into questions about time, questions that have their roots in the works of early students of natural philosophy.

Among prominent philosophers, there are two distinct viewpoints on time. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence. Time travel, in this view, becomes a possibility as other "times" persist like frames of a film strip, spread out across the time line. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time.[2][/suP][3][/suP] The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental intellectual structure (together with space and number) within which humans sequence and compare events. This second view, in the tradition of Gottfried Leibniz[4][/suP] and Immanuel Kant,[5][/suP][6][/suP] holds that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled.

Temporal measurement has occupied scientists and technologists, and was a prime motivation in navigation and astronomy. Periodic events and periodic motion have long served as standards for units of time. Examples include the apparent motion of the sun across the sky, the phases of the moon, the swing of a pendulum, and the beat of a heart. Currently, the international unit of time, the second, is defined in terms of radiation emitted by caesium atoms (see below). Time is also of significant social importance, having economic value ("time is money") as well as personal value, due to an awareness of the limited time in each day and in human life spans

dirtykoala

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Now, I know more than I wanted to know about inertia and time. Thanks guys.

:shock:
im not gonna take that kind of reply, you are going to need to get an irrelevant essay posted here.

freesoul.CA

imported post

This is a response to all those dumbfounded looks I got regarding my Post.

Ok...Let me help you children understand what I'm saying...maybe I typed it too fast for ya all to read :D he he.. maybe it was too much for some... it might take a day or two to get.. I know its tough. This response is to all those posts who were confused by the whole inertia relating to our movement thing.

[line]
If all we have is a bunch of us saying no, no, no and no positive force to contend with the opposing trend, then I say we might as well all go sit on some railroad tracks and wait for a train to hit us, because we are as good as mud. This is where inertia comes into play. Anti-gun troopers have created enough inertia to keep their ball moving forward with little effort. (its culturally looked down upon to open carry at the moment, or at least that's what the media would have us believe, however, I disagree completely. I think there are hundreds of thousands of people in the golden state who would support open carrying in ca and do it once our ball got rolling. Isn't that what we all want, everyone armed, able to be free and self reliant? We have to change the way our culture views open carrying and the people who own guns in CA. This is going to require some kind of force on our part to create that. This is the inertia we need to meet the opposing force. And this, I suppose is what we are open carrying, the beginning of that movement. Not just guns on our hips, but a movement of the hearts and views of the people.. We cry out desperately "no more!" until we as Americans in Ca. do, what not many other people can do. We strap up and say "Now that's enough damn it." But, unless the people are with us its futile. We're just crazy people with guns on the streets. We know that's not true, but the people have been trained to think like that. They have been programed in their minds. They have been tricked into being slothful and careless concerning our liberties and rights. We are pushing forward a movement in our culture and in the hearts of the people. Together we are creating this inertia we so desperately need if, we are going to win this war on our souls and basic fundamental human rights.

The people perish for a lack of knowledge... Cultural inertia is what we need to create, if we are going to turn these polices around. A cultural tsunami crashing down on the political scene . Get how it relates now?? Furthermore< thanks for the time thing, I found that interesting. I never mind adding knowledge to my brain, its not filled up yet so, I don't mind reading. Everything relates. And, no knowledge or efforts to further our cause should ever be looked down upon or scoffed at. How easily the fools scoff at what they can't understand. The people suffer now from a lack of knowledge and discipline.
Furthermore, our cultural virtues have been eroded by constant bombardment of immoral teachings through TV or whatever. This lack of virtue, in any culture is always a sure sign of demise in any state.
If we want to shore up our rights, we need strong, smart, forward thinking, peaceful people. The strongest peoples and cultures are created through virtuous living and general philosophy. It all relates.
I'm not really interested in complaining or whining about how we are victims of anti-gun politicians. Just forward thinking and pro active to help create that inertia we need. We cant think like victims unless we plan to loose this battle, and it might be just beginning. We gotta start thinking of how to create laws and amendments that help forward the movement and shore up our rights and then pushing them through which such a cultural force that would be impossible to ignore. If we are going to save our rights we simply must spend time on it. The inertia we need will come indeed because we have right on our side but not if we don't create it. Learn what inertia is. Then we can learn how to create it. :cool: JOE COOL

puppy8agun

imported post

Here is my idea but I am not sure how it would hold up in court.

Make a locking container that goes around the gun on holster so it can be left on the belt but locked. That way I do not need to leave it in the car in select local

PincheOgro1

imported post

puppy8agun wrote:
Here is my idea but I am not sure how it would hold up in court.

Make a locking container that goes around the gun on holster so it can be left on the belt but locked. That way I do not need to leave it in the car in select local
still defeats the purpose of OC. You can't get to the weapon if you need it.