• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denny's Greets us with OPEN ARMS.

69Charger

imported post

Needing a place to gather for some coffee and a bit of shooting the breeze, Denny's at 10802 Pacific Ave South 98444 in Tacoma Wa has welcomed us with open arms. I went in to ask if we could use a small corner of there restaurant to hold a little drink and meet of us 2nd amendment supporters and the manager said with a BIG SMILE, OF COURSE YOU CAN.
WOW.:celebrate
We talked a bit about the fact that a lot of the good folks would be legally carrying a hand gun into there store and was told NO PROB. As long as it doesn't get out of hand. I understand, I replied.
Well, now we are set.
The 1st gathering will be on 5-22-10 at 10:00am and hopefully will be on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
Please feel free to give up Ideas and comments about this. I have never done this before and need replies and suggestions.
Dave

THIS IS THE 4th Saturday, not the 3rd. "This month". My Bad. See ya there. :)

69Charger

imported post

OK It should of been GREETS US but its GREAT any hoo. :)
I have also posted this on the Northwest Firearms forum and am looking forward to seeing some of those fine folks there too. :)
EDIT---
Thank you jpierce for changing that for me. :)

69Charger

imported post

So far I have been in contact with the Tacoma police dept and Pierce Co Sheriff dept. Next is the Sheriff dept precinct that would respond to any calls they get from this. So far so good. It is important that we do this as legally as we can. And let every one know that this is happening. Its all new to me so I want to try to cover our butts.
smile.gif
Wish us luck.
smile.gif

Dave ____

ISRAEL

imported post

It is going to be great! in Boise weget together every 2nd thursday of every month and is always a good meeting, lots of luck, and congratulations.

We are going to have our 1st pic nic here in Boise, in one of the big parks, we don't know what is going to happen when people start seen a bunch of O.Ciers. :celebrate

69Charger

imported post

Just got off the phone with the south Hill precinct and was told that this was legal and if they were called they would send some one to talk with us.
NO PROB. :)
All in all as long as we don't do any thing GOOFY or STUPID then we are good to go.
PLEASE. If you show up, keep this in mind. WE WANT TO LOOK GOOD to the general public. Conduct your self in a manner that is socially acceptable. (no long guns, un holstered hand guns, bombs, farting, ect) LOL
Dave

Matt85

imported post

69Charger wrote:
Just got off the phone with the south Hill precinct and was told that this was legal and if they were called they would send some one to talk with us.
NO PROB. :)
All in all as long as we don't do any thing GOOFY or STUPID then we are good to go.
PLEASE. If you show up, keep this in mind. WE WANT TO LOOK GOOD to the general public. Conduct your self in a manner that is socially acceptable. (no long guns, un holstered hand guns, bombs, farting, ect) LOL
Dave

aww, i planned on showing up in the nude! :cool:

-matt

69Charger

imported post

Is you Matt or Mattilda?
It will make a difference. LOL
Dave

.45ACPaddy

imported post

We've met there before. In fact I believe we may have prevent an incident. I heard someone mention they saw a thuggish looking dude come up to the window while fiddling around with something in the front of his waistband, and as soon as he saw us he got all bug eyed and ran.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Here we go again... Stop asking permission. Stop letting the cops know ahead of time that you plan to be out open carrying. It's your right to do it. Just do it.

It seems like when we get a few people that are new to OC, they get the urge to callthe police and the venueahead of time to make sure everything is going to be OK. RESIST THAT URGE!

The police know it's legal. If the property owner/manager wants you to leave, then leave.

69Charger

imported post

Asking is just a part of who I am. Its part of my caricature. ALL, and I mean ALL, of the officers and people I talked to were EXTREMELY nice about the whole thing and were appreciative of me trying to do this right. Giving a little heads up, to me , is the proper thing to do. You can keep your IN YOUR FACE attitude. I don't swing that way.
As far as a new guy goes? Ive been around a long time in the world of firearms beginning in 1976 when I joined the Marine Corp and carried a 1911 45 as my side arm while I humped an M60 machine gun. This is just the newest forum that I have joined. I am on others.
I mean no disrespect to any one here, but when some one jabs at me for doing the right thing (In my mind) then it irks me a lot. :X
Dave.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Most of us don't believe asking permission for doing what is our right.

Plus what if the LEO orbusiness says no? You just made it harder for the next open carrier who didn't call ahead and happened to be in that town or business. The chance for them to see we are just normal folks going about our business is lost. Or in the case of LEO......too much to say.

Just going about our busniness open carrying is not "in your face". It is just lawful gun owners going about their lawful business.

Glad you have joined this forum, and welcome your input, just subject has been hit upon time and time again the consesus is that is probably for the best not to ask for permission.

69Charger

imported post

I have never asked permission to go on with my daily life with my 1911 on my hip. This is all about giving a heads up about a GATHERING of from 5 to who knows how many. I carry every day. I have never encountered any negative feed back from Joe public.
I would like this to be a once a month thing and dont want to start off with the least amount of in your face attitude with the LEOs. They are there for us and if I were them, I to would like a little heads up when there is going to be a bunch of people gathering with deadly weapons. Call me the odd man out, but I call this common certicy to our LEOs. Our LEOs have enough to worry about. Don't you think?
Dave

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Heads up to the LEO, no I don't think. Call me a freedom loving non statist, but I don't agree to "giving heads up to the LEO". I just don't see anything that is necessary about that. The fact we are carrying "deadly weapons" is a non issue, people conceal all over this state and it isn't an issue? The weapons are still there?

Now inviting them to come to the meet I am all for. But hey to each his own.

Trigger Dr

imported post

If I might give an example, My wife and I have been customers of a fish and chips place in Port Orchard ( King's) for several years. I have OC'd there each time with no comment. It is a place for frequent coffeestops for the local PD. Thinking this would be a goo place for a lunch meet up, I asked the owner how she would feel about my having a group of my friends there OCing. Her response was "This is a family restaurant, we know you so you are OK, but we don't want guns in here". We no longer are welcome there if armed, so we do not go there.

Would you call the PD and give them a heads up if you were going bowling, or hunting? it is something you are allowed to do, maybe not a "right" but permission is NOT required.

Welcome to the forum

DEROS72

imported post

69Charger wrote:
So far I have been in contact with the Tacoma police dept and Pierce Co Sheriff dept. Next is the Sheriff dept precinct that would respond to any calls they get from this. So far so good. It is important that we do this as legally as we can. And let every one know that this is happening. Its all new to me so I want to try to cover our butts.
smile.gif
Wish us luck.
smile.gif

Dave ____
Herewe go again, contacting LE .Why in the world would youcontact LE before meeting somewhere.Many of us have been doing this for years and never contact law.Bookman set the Meet at the Starbucks everymonth he never contacted LE.Although therer happen to Federalway officers there both times so far having coffee before their shift.Do you contact the police everytime you walk out of the house or go somewhere.?? We have had many big dinner meets and never inform LE prior.You just open a whole can of worms when you do that.

69Charger

imported post

If you have a prob with the LEOs getting a little heads up about a GATHERING OF FOLKS with guns, dont show up. I see this as a good thing. If you read what I have posted, I do carry EVERY DAY and never give a HEADS UP to any one where I go. This is a different situation. Its a GATHERING of good folks with guns. Im proud of myself for getting the word out to them and have NO need to change the way I feel about this just because I get a little negative feed back from people on this forum. All the other forums I am a member of do not voice this concern. This is not harmful to the 2nd amendment rights. If anything it shows a bit of responsible action by ME. See you on the 22nd at Dennys. I am done debating this matter. Still friends? :)
Dave

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Dave no offense but how is this "responsible"? And it hints that others are irresponsible for choosing not to inform the LE. I have no responsibility to any government agency.

A personal choice we don't agree with I can understand, but "responsible" ?

If you look at TriggerDR example it's a good reason not too. If 4 or 5 open carriers met there than the owner of the establishment would have seen that it doesn't cause problems and would be comfortable in the future with it. But because he did ask and they said no based on already held misconceptions of gun owners, now it could be considered trespassing if they met there anyway.

Now what if someone else who doesn't have a clue who Triggerdr is gets together with a few other friends and they happen to be openly carrying and they go to get some coffee at this establishment? The owner might assume they are associated with Triggerdr and be irrate that he failed to abide by their wishes.