• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newington gun exchange

MHemmann

imported post

http://www.newingtongunex.com/faqs.html

If you read there process for getting a pistol permit, they tell you everything not to do. they also say some towns will "require" additoal information. Also that it will take 8-14 weeks to process. Which we all know that by state law its 8 weeks max.

Has anyone else seen this?

buketdude

imported post

Apparently they don't know the law..not surprising..I am pretty sure I was in there years ago and they told me having an AK-74 was a felony in CT..I reminded them i said 74 not 47..they said "its all illegal"..i walked out

MHemmann

imported post

and don't they have there class 3 license? people dont even bother to hear another side of the story, they already have (what they think is) the truth in there head.

stacks04

imported post

first off, that website hasnt changed in the last year and a half i have visited it. second, if you have never been in there then you wont understand why it hasnt changed:). with the exception to the owner and someones son, it is a bunch of senior citizens:lol:. they are a bunch of nice guys, and are great to deal with. they work with the prices a bit if you barter them. i have only been there 2 times, the second i walked out with a gun.

also, they may not be aware of the clarification of the law. if no one told them how would they know. its not like the dps sent out a notification to every permit class instructor. frankly, even the leo that did get the memo probably havent read it yet:cuss:.

dcmdon

imported post

NGX is the best gun shop in the Hartford area.

They are all well aware of the effects the Goldberg situation has had on things. I completely believe that their web site is woefully out of date. Its certainly not their focus.

Re the senior citizen crap. I'd rather work with the
1) Ex cop/detective who is also a gunsmith
2) ex nuclear powerplant security guard
3) multiple ex-military

staff at NGX than the keyboard commandos and general punks over at Hoffmans.

If your wife is treating you well and you want to be reminded what it is like to be ignored, then patronized, go to Hoffmans.

If you want to be helped by some nice, knowledgeible guys, go to NGX.

Don

p.s. The son is Lars, he's no longer there.
p.p.s. NGX can be a bit chaotic. They are a small shop and they fill up quickly. If you walk in at lunch time, it will be busy, they will do their best, but its not going to be the best experience.
p.p.p.s. Yes, they are a class 3 dealer. They can get just about anything. If they can't, they will handle the xfer for you for a VERY reasonable $50.

Ctclassic

imported post

If your wife is treating you well and you want to be reminded what it is like to be ignored, then patronized, go to Hoffmans.

Dude, that seems alittle strong....

I've never been to NGX, but I have been to Hoffmans, I haven't had a bad experience yet. If anything, they've been "almost annoying" in wanting to help you. Just my .02

stacks04

imported post

Ctclassic wrote:

Dude, that seems alittle strong....

I've never been to NGX, but I have been to Hoffmans, I haven't had a bad experience yet. If anything, they've been "almost annoying" in wanting to help you. Just my .02
ive posted elsewhere this same thing. i have positive experiences in both places.

Tazman2

imported post

I've had both negative and positive experiences at both. Since I've bought all of my "toys" at NGX and my rifle at Hoffman's since NGX didn't have it in stock, I usually go to NGX for anything I need that they would normally have in stock. Of course Hoffman's has a lot more things in stock as they are a bigger store so when it comes to holsters, etc. and I can't wait I go there for whatever NGX doesn't have! :p