• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just able to educate someone on OC in AZ!

SCJeffro

imported post

I was at Hastings books and music in Bullhead City, AZ returning some movies. I was waiting in line to purchase a magazine and get a couple more DVDs when this happened. An older lady (probably mid to late 50's) was directly in front of me waiting for someone to answer a question for her when she glanced down and saw my firearm...

She looked up at me and asked, "Excuse me but is that a gun?"
I smiled and very respectfully replied "Yes ma'am it is"
She said "OH MY, is it legal for you to have that in a store?"
Again with respect I said "Yes ma'am! In AZ and many other states it is perfectly within the law to carry a firearm openly."
Puzzled she turned and looked at the clerk and asked, "Is it legal for him to carry that in here?"
The clerk looked at me and smiled then turned to her and said, "Yes ma'am, like he said it is perfectly legal."
The woman said, "Wow I am from California and they don't allow that there!"
To this I replied, "Actually I believe they do allow Open Carry in California, though it is somewhat more restrictive as they require the gun to be unloaded when carried openly."
Again she looked puzzled and said, "Well I did not know that, thanks for the information."
I smiled again nodded and as she walked away I said "No problem, have a great day!" :cool:

GF

imported post

Nice. I'm glad that it went well for you. No one has ever really came up to me and said anything negative, but there is always the "look" that you can see from across the store lol.

matt35

imported post

Glad you had a positive carry day and was able to educate someone who was merely curious and not an alarmist, hopefully she will pay it forward.

I too have gotten "the look" I've had a few ask "is that a 9mm or a .45?" I generally carry a .40 glock 27.

Carry on friends

Snakemathis

imported post

Good stuff, knowledge is power! Hopefully we will one day get this state to a point in which people no longer even ask, because they know guns are legal. You just took one of the billions of steps towards that goal! That deserves a dancing banana! :celebrate

.45acp

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
Haha NO disrespect intended Fred, "Older" = anything older than 36 as I am 36 and she was "older" than me! :)

Enjoy it while you can...once you hit 40 its like going over a cliff:cool:.

Steve

The Big Guy

imported post

At age54, when I read the comment about the older lady, I think I'm glad I don't carry when sitting at my computer, as I might have just put myself out of my misery.

BG