• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearms in IL

TylerJ87

imported post

I have been offered an engineering internship with caterpillar in Peoria, IL and was wondering what the rules are about out of state people possessing firearms

Michigander

imported post

Carrying is pretty much out of the question. If you do end up going there, my defensive advice is the same as it is for everyone in an unconstitutionally oppressed place. Get a squeeze nose spray bottle, pull the straw from the nozzle, bore the tip out with a needle, and fill it with the most powerful ammonia based cleaning solvent that you can find. This is not a pain compliance tool, it's a blinding tool, and it is much more reliable than pepper spray because it won't possibly clog. You can carry 2 or 3 of them if desired. Practicing drawing and spraying with water is easy and smart. Your hand stays on it in your pocket when you are concerned about someone in the area, and to draw you just pull it out and spin your thumb to get the top off, going from pocketed and topped to spraying in under a second.

It is a system I am extremely confident in. It WILL stop anyone, even if they are drugged out, unless they are wearing water goggles.

It may be illegal in Illinois and other places, and it could definitely result in being sued like crazy, but it's not something that would be likely to come up unless you had to defend your life, and in that case it would cease to matter.

I would never live in an oppressed state long term, but if I had to be somewhere oppressed for a year or 2, this is why I wouldn't be concerned about self defense.

jbone

imported post

Internship! Building on a career that will hopefully take you places later in life, like a good paying job in a crappy economy/job market and transfer to industry out of IL. I bet you could live with the short term inconvenience of crappy gun laws to build a future for yourself and family.