• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anybody have an extra voice recorder?

fozzy71

malignity

imported post

+1 for using my phone.

Then again, I rarely OC (cause I live in Warren), so I don't have to worry about it.

As much as I support OC, i have neither the time, patience, nor the energy to be taken to the ground, have guns drawn on me, etc etc. Once that kinda garbage smooths out, I will more often.

malignity

imported post

I was going to go to the Warren picnic, but I hear it's been shot to sh!t, so I dunno now.

I gotta get a new OC holster too. I have a bulldog holster, and it feels like I'm OCing a fricking brick. The thing is huge. lol. Been trying to figure out a place in the area that has left handed Serpa Glock 23 holsters without going to everyone's 'favorite gun store' in Madison Heights. :banghead:

malignity

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
If we count on someone else to take care of it, well, ...
And if I get my CPL taken away cause some idiot doesn't know the law, I won't get it back.

I have more college loan debt than the cost of my house, and I barely make $30k a year.

As much as i'd like to support the movement more, where I live right now isn't feasible for me. I hate to say it, but the victim is the one who pays in these situations, and it's not a price I can afford right now.

Don't get me wrong though, I do OC at picnics and such and when in numbers, I just know Warren likes to single people out.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Youre talking to someone who lost his CPL because some idiot diddnt know the law.

And someone who is on state aid, and food stamps. Someone who has to rely on mom to get by at age 34 it SUCKS. Dont give me that "Im broke, I cant" crap, that reallyburns my buns.

Our righs arent free or easy, they arent supposed to be. Anything worth having is worth whatever trouble it takes to get it . Some people die for our rights, and you cant even go for a walk?

Sorry to yell at you man, but geez, Ive lived in a car before, I get a little short when people say they cant because of money. Im willing to risk everything if there were martial law, or another Katrina, so I hope you can see how I might be a little , disappointed.

If you cant handle a roadside OC stop as you exercise your rights, hownthehell do you expect not to crumble at the hands of a real threat like a criminal. Or if you have to defend yourself and wind up in court facing a jury?

I do hope this post does not foster any resentment towards me, I am trying to help strengthen this movement as much as I can.

DanM

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I do hope this post does not foster any resentment towards me, I am trying to help strengthen this movement as much as I can.

I appreciate your personal involvement and the sacrifices you are willing to make to be involved, but have the capacity to understand that involvement in OC is a spectrum, and where you are at on the spectrum isn't necessarily where everyone is at, feels comfortable being at,or needs to be. You are correct thatfolks need to be involved inOC in order to protect the right.I disagreewith your criticism of OC supportersthat don't OCdue to therisk of bogus charges and the finances involved in defending themselves. Not everyone wantsor can take therisk ofbeing in the financial place you have been or are at. I see them as valuable contributors in their own way who, as their finances may improve, will feel comfortable in escalating their involvement.

This is not a disagreement with encouraging people to escalate their involvement. I just sense that you are not encouraging more involvement, but rather criticizingthe level of involvement someonecurrently feels comfortable being at. In my opinion, the appropriate approach you could perhaps takeis to thank someone for the level of involvement they are at, then encourage and discuss with them how to do more.

malignity

imported post

I try and get involved when and where I can.

I also try not to get on the bad side of police. As we've all been shown, we can get our CPL's pulled from idiots that don't know the law. We've had guns drawn on us, been forced to the ground, etc.

I'm really not trying to play the 'whoa is me card', so please don't think that. I do know however, it's only a matter of time before one of those over zealous types decide to taser one of us.

According to my past two cardiologists, if I do happen to get tasered, I am going to die instantly from it because I have a pacemaker, and the current will cause the pacer to give off a lethal jolt. I don't know if this is true, and definitely don't want to find out. Honestly, my odds might be better if he was just firing at me. I'm sorry, but I'm not at that level yet. I wear a gun to protect myself, not to put myself in harms way because police want to do me bodily harm.

I guess deep down, that's probably a big part of what's scaring me from OCing, especially alone, and especially in Warren. I fully support the movement to OC, but I'm not willing to risk my life for it.

Take away my gun rights all together, and that might be a different story.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Ok sorry, maybe I was a little harsh. I would take what you said to me, straight to the police cheif him/herself, and request a formal meeting. That could go a long ways to prevent this from happening to you or anyone else, as well as strengthening the brigde between us and them.

Those cops are people too, and if you say to them, Im afraid of you, even as a LAC, then done properly, they will understand. Change takes time. If you cant OC, then by all means, work with the police regularly to change it that way.

Think of it this way, if you could somehow meet and greet every officer in warren, they would recognise you when responding to MWAG, and you wouldnt have to worry about being arrested or tazed. They would say, "Oh hey (name), how are you today.

FatboyCykes

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Be ready .. big news this weekend regarding a firearm rights event in Warren ;) you should feel free to open carry at this event and meet and speak with Warren officers.

Sooo what's the plan for 05/15?

mikestilly

imported post

We are working very hard on this and there will be an official announcement this weekend or Monday at the latest.

If you would like specific details before then I suggest you join us on Teamspeak tonight.

malignity

imported post

I was curious about May 15 too.
Was looking forward to going, but I thought I read that MOC is withdrawing from coming. Makes me kinda sad, cause though they like to be drama queens on the forums, there's a lot of good guys from there. lol and SpringerXD45acp can make a mean burger. (at least if I recall correctly, he was grilling last Warren picnic)