• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anybody have an extra voice recorder?

FatboyCykes

imported post

malignity wrote:
Could have swore I read that somewhere.
Am I mistaken?
I believe MOC backed out in an official capacity, which I don't see as anything big, as this was never intended to be a MOC event. From what I understand there was/is an issue with the facilities being available, i.e. bathrooms. In addition there is supposed to be park clean-up/maintenance that day as well.

However, as long as I am welcome, MOC or not, barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be there. I dunno about the bike riding, but the picnic is all me :p

autosurgeon

imported post

MOC chose not to be their in an official capacity. The only thing this does is make it NOT an MOC sponsored event.

It will still likely be a good event as Mike generally does a good job with his events. He says that the bathroom issue has been worked out ... something about porta potty's but feel free to PM him if you want more details.

mikestilly

imported post

malignity wrote:
I was curious about May 15 too.
Was looking forward to going, but I thought I read that MOC is withdrawing from coming. Makes me kinda sad, cause though they like to be drama queens on the forums, there's a lot of good guys from there. lol and SpringerXD45acp can make a mean burger. (at least if I recall correctly, he was grilling last Warren picnic)

All members from MOC are free to attend. Many already are. We should have a great turn out.

malignity

imported post

Dare I ask what the bathroom situation is? We already know that Warren PD will be camped out there, so peeing in the woods is out (not that there are any woods in Warren really anyway). Lol

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
According to Jeff, the bathrooms will be locked, don't know if that's an absolute or not.

Mike, Jeff is just flat out wrong.. I've stated it many times on OCOD. Let me make this clear. The bathrooms at the facility are widely available. There are port-o-potties and also a full mens and womens bathroom on site and open to the public. If you want come on to Teamspeak and I can give you the link to all the pictures I took of the facility to help plan where stuff is going to go.

FatboyCykes

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
According to Jeff, the bathrooms will be locked, don't know if that's an absolute or not.

Mike, Jeff is just flat out wrong.. I've stated it many times on OCOD. Let me make this clear. The bathrooms at the facility are widely available. There are port-o-potties and also a full mens and womens bathroom on site and open to the public. If you want come on to Teamspeak and I can give you the link to all the pictures I took of the facility to help plan where stuff is going to go.

Not necessary, just cross posting, I can't keep up with it all. I believe that was posted before you clarified on the actual thread.

fozzy71

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Ebay is your friend.

I just got one of these for $28 + $4 shipping from ebay, after reading this thread :D - http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1460&page=specs

I got this in the mail today and need to take it out for a test. Think I want to look for an external mic to add on to it. It's a bit too big for a lanyard on my neck. ;)

000_000.png

FatboyCykes

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Ebay is your friend.

I just got one of these for $28 + $4 shipping from ebay, after reading this thread :D - http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1460&page=specs

I got this in the mail today and need to take it out for a test. Think I want to look for an external mic to add on to it. It's a bit too big for a lanyard on my neck. ;)

000_000.png
Looks like the exact model I bought last year, same ugly color and everything :/ A mic is a must, I don't have one yet, but carrying it in my fifth pocket nets some pretty terrible quality recording :( Other than that, it's a great little recorder.

mel5051

imported post

Lots of stores have lapel mic's with very long cords so you can start the recorder and put it all the way into a pocket with the lapel mike up near your neck hidden by your shirt collar. Works great for me.

fozzy71

imported post

I put it in my pocket, next to my cell phone, and it got paused 5 minutes into the walk. :(

The little samsung is great on a lanyard, but it's battery life isn't great (considering I bought it used). It is only rechargeable thru a usb port.

yp-f1.JPG

FatboyCykes

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
I put it in my pocket, next to my cell phone, and it got paused 5 minutes into the walk. :(

The little samsung is great on a lanyard, but it's battery life isn't great (considering I bought it used). It is only rechargeable thru a usb port.

yp-f1.JPG
It's got the hold switch on the side or top, once you start recording, flip it to hold/orange and it shouldn't switch off until you turn the hold off.