Thread: May 1st OC Lunch at the Blue Dahlia Lynchburg VA

Post imported post

May 1st. Lunch at the Blue Dahlia. 1:30pm to give the lunch crowd a little time to thin. Everybody welcome.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The wife and I will be there. May see if I can bring someone from work.

Here is the where:

Blue Dahlia

2200 Graves Mill Road
    Forest, VA 24551-2632
    (434) 455-2895

Post imported post

Thanks for adding the where... doesn't the birthday boy usually pay for the whole thing?
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Post imported post

haha right the birthday boy can't afford it after completing his AR. I am trying to see if I can either get off work or go home early *crosses fingers* I'm gonna try to play the birthday card.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

If you two make it, I'll cover both of your meals as a happy birthday gift and for showing up with us cranky ol' engineers. So you'd better be there!

Post imported post

I hope we can see you there. Is he going to OC his AR? If you are getting off early instead of 3:30 am I would be with you on that.

Post imported post

haha I just meant that we wouldn't be able to treat everyone. I went to see my boss today so I'm sending out an email to see if anyone will switch with me. She seemed likely to try to give me that time at lunch, its just a super busy time of the year so it's better to have someone cover for me.

haha I'm sure he would love to OC the AR not really seeing it as a huge practicality though.

Post imported post

Sorry I missed you folks. Breakfast with the Richmond crowd then the discovery of a few fires that needed to be watered on kept me busy till around 3:30.

When are we going to see pictures? You did take pictures, right?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Yes, we have a couple of picturea and we had a great time. Closed the place down! I'm going to post the pictures on the OC Lynchburg thread.