• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Information please...Just moved from Missouri to Tennessee

WB9IIE

imported post

I recently moved from a large metropolitan area in Missouri to the peaceful solitude of country life in Tennessee. I held a Missouri CCW, and would like to obtain a HCP for the State of Tennessee. I am told by the Driver's Licence folks that I need to obtain training, as Tennessee does not automatically transfer a permit from Missouri. Does anyone have an idea where I can get my Tennessee training without traveling more than about 25 miles (the average distance to ANYWHERE from my residence)?

Thanks,

Gary

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Have you tried calling the Weakly County Sheriffs Office for info about this? They should be able to tell you where the closest safety course is being held.

BTW, Welcome to OCDO and Tennessee.