Thread: Is "Auld Shebeen" in Fairfax City friendly ?

Post imported post

Another group with which I'm associated is planning a gathering at Auld Shebeen <http://www.theauldshebeenva.com/new/> tavern in Fairfax City next week. Does anyone know if I'll be o.k. there, or if I'd expect to be asked to leave and so should decline ?

TIA

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Why not go by yourself BEFORE the event and have lunch?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Happy Home wrote:
    Another group with which I'm associated is planning a gathering at Auld Shebeen <http://www.theauldshebeenva.com/new/> tavern in Fairfax City next week. Does anyone know if I'll be o.k. there, or if I'd expect to be asked to leave and so should decline ?

TIA
    Their website has loud music which offends. I'd decline upon that factoid alone!
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Happy Home wrote:

TIA
    Their website has loud music which offends. I'd decline upon that factoid alone!
    Doesn't offend someone of Irish Decent!:celebrate

Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

I've open carried there on numerous occasions and nobody has ever said anything. Not sure what they'd do with a group of OC'ers. If you're the only one OC'ing, they probably won't even notice.

Try coming by for lunch or dinner sometime before your get together and see what happens.

Never had loud music any of the times I've been there, either.

Post imported post

markand wrote:
    Never had loud music any of the times I've been there, either.
    I'll take care of the live bands and adult beverages for you (not carrying obviously)

Post imported post

Sounds like a great venue, but the idea of going to an Irish pub and not being able to have a few "points" of Guinness or Murphys with my fish and chips would just bum me out...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    Happy Home wrote:

TIA
    Doesn't offend someone of Irish Decent!:celebrate
    :celebrate:celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I've OC'd there before, but I'm not sure anyone noticed.
    If you choose not to OC there (or if they choose to refuse your business), the Thai place right next door Courtside Thai has the best Thai food in the States, a great outdoor atmosphere, and are always welcoming when I OC there.