• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adventure Shooting Sports is anti-OC (video)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

WOW, this really shocked me.

I had no idea the facility was so insecure. I have sent them an email and requested notification of when it would be safe to do business with them again.

Topic: micro compact 1911

Greetings,

I wanted to take a moment to let you know I am in the market for a new carry 1911. I love my full sized 5” but at times it is a little large for summer wear.

I went online and started browsing yesterday and found that the price range was going to be $1,200.00 to as high as 3k. I pretty much decided on the SA “Loaded” model in .45 as I have other “loaded” models all of which have performed flawlessly.

I jumped onto a popular webspace to see if anyone had reported troubles with them etc. About the only thing I heard was they can be a little hard to find, but certainly not impossible.

Sure enough, the shops I have frequented in the past lacked one in stock for me to “feel” so I hit the net to look for other shops to consider and as usual I hit the forums just to see what’s getting talked about this weekend.

I found it very disappointing that your shop is being talked about, but not in a way I expected. An interesting interaction with one of your staff members has made the internet. During this video, your staff member says some pretty disturbing things. Apparently your policies as quoted do not allow open carry of firearms within your business because it invites a criminal element according to your staff member.

I am more than a little confused by such a statement as it has been my experience that criminals do exactly the opposite, they conceal their actions and intent right up to the point when they choose they have the upper hand. Since I have been involved in reviewing hundreds of hours of security tapes of criminal actions, I feel compelled to inform you that other than a very few crimes I have observed where the criminal had the weapon in hand upon entry, none have ever been openly carrying a firearm in a holster.

While I most certainly am not the authority on such things, I found it so disturbing that I would request some level of proof that this happens commonly. I in fact find myself completely lost trying to support such a claim after several calculated searches on both GOOGLE and BING. Please send any substantiating evidence my direction so I can have a greater grasp on this issue.

At this time I am going to refrain from shopping at your store for my firearms needs until I can determine what it is that drives your company to regulate the legal behavior of your customers. While I fully respect any business that takes security measures to make their customers safe in their transactions, regulating how lawful behavior is conducted is a bit concerning to me. I do not wish to shop in an unsafe environment.

Please send me a note when you have secured your facility to the point where citizens going about their business in a lawful manner do not have to be regulated by your company and may shop in a peaceable, stress free, safe, and free American. I really like to keep my monies local instead of having things shipped to an ffl.

Good luck with these issues and I will let as many folks as I can know and I will let them know as soon as your facility is secure enough such things are no longer required as well.

Rich

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sent it to Jim as well, perhaps he will let me know when it is safe to shop there.

fwk

imported post

you all do realize that chesterfield is a non open carry city

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Mr fwk,

Your statementseems sarcastic and infers you know more than others here. As well your statement leads me to believe youdo not know what Chesterfields laws actually are. So I will give you the short version and a link to read for yourself. Chesterfield is holding on to an old hunting law and perverting it to useagainst "open carry". In Chesterfield it is currently legal to open carry on all publicly owned property (other than parks)and property you have control over orhave permission to OC on or are directly seeking permission to OC on. Please feel free to read the codes at http://library3.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=11994&doc_action=whatsnew

Doc