• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police say teen dressed as Ninja attacks boy with machete

barronburke

imported post

[align=center]
[/align][align=center] 09:51PM[/align] : Diane Moca Attacker claimed he was protecting his land from students who trespass to get to school. RIVER HILLS -- Police say a machete was the weapon of choice for a 16-year-old home-schooled boy who claimed he was protecting his property when he sliced open the forehead of a Nicolet High School freshman in the woods behind the school.
Police say on Monday, two girls saw someone in the Nicolet Woods who looked like a Ninja. They told police he was dressed all in black, with a mask and carrying a sword,and he pointed a bow and arrow at them.
Police say the next day four boys went into the same woods looking for the reported Ninja.
"I believe the one subject was separated from the group, and he was initially singled out just due to the fact that he wasn't in the group," said Sgt. Mike Gaynor of the River Hills police department.
Police say the Ninja drew the sword from a sheath on his back, swung it at the victim and struck him above the right eye, leaving a gash two and a half inches wide and an inch tall that required 20 stitches.

Police say the victim's friends followed the masked boy to a nearby house, where officers later arrested him.
Ginny Jenkins has lived next door to the Nicolet Woods for 32 years and says "protecting the woods I think is a good thing."
She says she does not condone the alleged attack, but she sympathizes with the Ninja's reported frustrations that students should not be trespassing.

"It bothers me when they're there outside of school hours. They tend to be more rowdy then, and they cut through my property and my neighbor's property," said Jenkins, adding that the teens smoke and engage in explicit activity in the woods.
But Nicolet District Administrator Rick Monroe says he's unaware of any misbehavior in Nicolet's woods.
"It's an open woods, school woods. We allow people to go in them during reasonable hours," said Monroe, adding that students are not violating any policy if they use the woods to take a short cut to and from school.
Monroe says the school will not discipline the boys who confronted the Ninja, even though they walked past the school's property onto private property in River Hills.
He said it's up to police whether to take action against the boys for trespassing.
Police are still scratching their heads over the bizarre case.
"They didn't cover Ninja attacks in the academy," quipped Sgt. Gaynor. http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=12129

CUOfficer

imported post

NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!

hunter9mm

imported post

Justified06 wrote:
NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!

First and foremost...

Barronburke, The OP asked the question, related to the posted article...
would we be justified to shoot if ninja attacks

Maybe this is a stretch for some small minded folks, (The type that open new forum accounts to post moronic displays of childish behavior) but I can only believe (although I don't mean to speak for[/b] him) that the OP posted the situation as background information to set the stage for the question clearly pertaining to the part of his question "to shoot" with his OPENLY CARRIED sidearm. Now clearly within the rules of this forum (which you so accurately portrayed your lack of maturity and restraint)

Then, afterclearly reading his question, (indicated bythe name you choseto create your new screen entity) Mr. Justified06, or whichever of the many "Troll-Like" personas you have on this forum, should at least have the common sense to evaluate the thread before you come in here to cause trouble. It's very sad to believe that people like you waste your energy trying to stir up emotional responses from us. Seems that you must be missing love and attention at home, and should seek medical and therapeutic help to get past the apparent traumas you suffered earlier in your life.

We also know your intentions are quite a bit less than honorable here because if you were and honorable man (or Woman) or even a Moderator of this forum, you would have posted something closer to a well worded mention to Barronburke that he should be more careful to ask the OC related question within the same post as the background information and to be careful of the posting rules pertaining to the “Non-Related” post rules.

My sympathy and my sincere apathy go out to you and your family.

Hunter9mm

CUOfficer

imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
Justified06 wrote:

First and foremost...

Maybe this is a stretch for some small minded folks, (The type that open new forum accounts to post moronic displays of childish behavior) but I can only believe (although I don't mean to speak for[/b] him) that the OP posted the situation as background information to set the stage for the question clearly pertaining to the part of his question "to shoot" with his OPENLY CARRIED sidearm. Now clearly within the rules of this forum (which you so accurately portrayed your lack of maturity and restraint)

Then, afterclearly reading his question, (indicated bythe name you choseto create your new screen entity) Mr. Justified06, or whichever of the many "Troll-Like" personas you have on this forum, should at least have the common sense to evaluate the thread before you come in here to cause trouble. It's very sad to believe that people like you waste your energy trying to stir up emotional responses from us. Seems that you must be missing love and attention at home, and should seek medical and therapeutic help to get past the apparent traumas you suffered earlier in your life.

We also know your intentions are quite a bit less than honorable here because if you were and honorable man (or Woman) or even a Moderator of this forum, you would have posted something closer to a well worded mention to Barronburke that he should be more careful to ask the OC related question within the same post as the background information and to be careful of the posting rules pertaining to the “Non-Related” post rules.

Hunter9mm
I apologize for not going to politically correct route that you have pointed out. However, I came to this site off of a reference from a Wisconsin Carry member. I read the forum rules and then headed to the Wisconsin thread. I was disappointed to see the first post on the list talking about a ninja attacking someone. Since I am new to open carry, I was trying to put the pieces together about how a ninja fit the bill. Since you have displayed a left field scenario regarding whether or not an open carrier could shoot a ninja that is attacking I guess it belongs here. However, I think that people's time would be better spent reading laws, news,and experiences relating to open carry.

hunter9mm

imported post

Justified06 wrote:
hunter9mm wrote:
Justified06 wrote:

First and foremost...

Hunter9mm
I apologize for not going to politically correct route that you have pointed out. However, I came to this site off of a reference from a Wisconsin Carry member. I read the forum rules and then headed to the Wisconsin thread. I was disappointed to see the first post on the list talking about a ninja attacking someone. Since I am new to open carry, I was trying to put the pieces together about how a ninja fit the bill. Since you have displayed a left field scenario regarding whether or not an open carrier could shoot a ninja that is attacking I guess it belongs here. However, I think that people's time would be better spent reading laws, news,and experiences relating to open carry.

And IF you truly are a "New Guy" with intent on learning the "How-to's" of OC, you made a terrible "First Impression" with your very first post, which I would suggest you go edit out to something more suitable).

There are many questions you can ask, perhaps question just how an attack by (some jerk kid dressed like) a ninja would pertain to OC instead of walking in the door and attacking a very helpful member of the forum.

I say "Bygones" and we move on, after you edit your first post.... and I'll edit mine as well...

MK

imported post

I like how the news story keeps referring to him as "the Ninja". I guess its a good thing that the Ninja didn't run into the Shootist out there in those woods.

barronburke

imported post

I want to thank Hunter9mm for getting my back this thread was posted to show people from my area that this happened and because he had a knife and would have threatened me with it could I have defended my self. Now I know that this seems to be more funny then serious, but are we so serious that we cant have a laugh mind you someone was hurt by the ninja and the ninja did have a weapon and intended to protect his ninja territory to the death if need be so I say again Would I be justified to draw and fire at said ninja.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

barronburke wrote:
he had a knife and would have threatened me with it could I have defended my self.
And I would bet that if you were forced to defend yourself with a firearm, you would be looking at felony charges for being on school property!

Isn;t this just friggin special, here we gfo with the GFSZ's again. You got some whackjob kid dressed as a ninja attempting to murder people with a sword, and we legally would not be able to defend ourselves ar another human because of the gun free killing zones around schools.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Thats right Nutz, Barron is correct in that he would legally be able to defend himself and the he would in fact fall into the GFSZ Hole.

Although I seem to remember a bicyclist in Racine that had the same situation and was not prosecuted in the interest of "Justice."

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Welcome to OCDO's Wisconsin sub-forum.

I will be pleased to respond to whatever direct questions a newbie may have.

The vast majority of postings on this sub-forum are mere stylin' and profilin'.
Either we are equal or we are not. Present company excepted. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its thug unions.

Cobra469

imported post

While he might be justified in defending his life wasn't this "ninja" protecting his property? Therefore you would be in criminal trespass. In the argument of self defense would a person on your property with no business being there with a loaded firearm not be a threat to you? Wouldn't both parties be able to claim some sort of self defense? And if the person with the firearm was trespassing on private property (no longer lawfull citizen) would they still be able to claim self defense when trespassing is a crime?

As for the GFSZ from my understanding the "ninja" was on his own property, not public land. The wooded are does have some public area but the principal admitted teh students crossed over into private property. So at the time of the attack GFSZ would not apply. Of course the question would be was it unloaded and encased until reaching said property?

I probably have this all twisted so please point out the err in my interpretations.

M

McX

imported post

so now in addition to the robbers, thieves, murderers, and such, i have to watch out for ninjas?!