• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is a good OC/CC holster?

COLT_PKT_9

imported post

I just got my CWP and have been carrying via ankle holster. I want to start OC, but dont know what kind of holster to get. I want to get a holster that is either OC/CC depending on whether or not I have a coat on or not. I carry a Colt Pocket 9.

P.S. :DI love this site. It is a breath of fresh air when I read all the posts. Thanks to all who contribute. I am going to try OC as soon as I get a holster.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

A lot of folks who OC use one with retention (Blackhawk Serpa comes to mind first). I personally use a variety of holsters dpending on what I am doing and how I am dressed.
I mainly use leather holsters, shoulder & hip. One of my hip holsters has a thumb break while the other which is my primary holster is a basic open top. I also have a Serpa with retention.

Your situational awareness is key to the type of carry holster.

<post 2400>

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I just purchased a Supertuck OWB (bomber brown). The holster is leather molded over kydex. I like Supertuck products because they suite me. There are so many types of holsters out there.

I would first start with whether you want a IWB or OWB then whether you want a leather holster that is molded to fit your sidearm or a kydex/leather or a kydex and of course what type of leather then the color of leather...black, tan, etc.

I hate shopping for purses butLOVE shopping for holsters...so many to choose from:celebrate

I will also add that although it is nice to carry on different areas of your body it is generally a better idea to carry on one area so that you have a natural response to a particular area...just my .00000000000002 cents.

Norman

imported post

Just my personal experience. I loved my pocket 9 and regret the day I sold it. I never could find a holster for it though. It is kinda shaped like a 1911, so I did modify a holster that it fit into. 99% of the time I just carried it in my pocket though

COLT_PKT_9

imported post

Thanks for all the repllies. I love the Pocket also. Itjust has a great feel to it as well as a being a beautiful gun. (but back to topic) I agree with you (Norman), it is very hard to find a holster that the gun will fit in correctly.

That is one of the exact reasons, Sylvia Plath, that I want to get a holster that can easily be OC or CC (so that you have a natural response to a particular area---Sylvia Plath).

alienbogey

imported post

There are many, many holster manufacturers out there, ranging in quality from crap on eBay to sort of decent nylon stuff like Uncle Mike's to good quality production leather like Desantis to high end stuff like High Noon (approximately 3 month wait for delivery) to Milt Sparks (order window opens one week a month, many many months until delivery), to holster makers that stopped taking new orders because they're still working on orders from 2007 (Del Fatti).

I'm not knocking Crossbreed, I own three of them, but try going to the websites mentioned above to see the myriad of choices out there.