• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stray shot startles teen girl

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
TFred wrote:
Bledsoe said the man had just bought the gun two hours earlier and was trying to clear the chamber when it discharged.

Obvious case of having his finger on the trigger when he did not intend to shoot.

......Hardest thing in the world to teach a new gun owner (and alot of old ones too)
Exactly, whenever I take someone I'm not familiar with to the range I always hand them an unloaded weapon first and watch what they do with their finger. I then either praise or correct them depending on what they did. If they stuck their finger on the trigger I watch them like a hawk after that, well even if they didn'ttoo :^).

Neplusultra

imported post

user wrote:
Bledsoe said police recommend that anyone who buys a firearm have proper safety training.

I'm sympathetic to the poor schmuck, but I have to say it looks like they did everything right as near as I can tell, they've got more than enough probable cause to charge him with shooting into or at an occupied dwelling (a felony). Too bad the guy didn'tknow abouttheir recommendation about training before he bought the gun.
Wouldn't they have to show he intended to shoot into the building for it to be a felony, which would make sense. The reckless handling code quoted by the OP mentioned a class 1 misdemeanor.

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
tcmech wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Did he load the cartridge in backwards? That's the only way I can think of that the bullet would be anywhere near the firing pin.....:banghead:
I guess the HK pistols really will fire everytime. :shock:

Yep, guess he followed the ad...

badbrochure.jpg
HOLY COW! I was looking at the photo thinking "What is he trying to say"..... What I'd like to know is how did that ever get into print and how in the world did it get distributed :^)!