Thread: My Local Walmart

Post imported post

/
    Last edited by hiruleshouse; 05-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Post imported post

Wal-mart's policy is to conform to local law. So look at your local law, and there you go.

Post imported post

If you get arrested for walking into a Wal-mart and having them call the police, you'll be due a rather large gift card from corporate.

But you shouldn't get arrested. In general you'll only get arrested if you're asked to leave and do not. Since OC is permissible in your town, you wouldn't get charged for brandishing a weapon or anything; just trespassing. As long as you leave when asked -- which would be against their policy -- then you should be good to go.

Post imported post

hiruleshouse wrote:
    Problem is IF I can't get a straight answer from my local walmart-and I cannot-then I face the possibility of getting arrested anyways...
    For what, exactly, would you be arrested?

Since you can only be arrested for breakingthe law.....

....please point out the ordinance that you would be arrested for breaking.

Post imported post

CROOKED COP....... Surely you dont believe there is such an animal.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

hiruleshouse wrote:
    Superlite27 wrote:
    hiruleshouse wrote:
    ¬*Problem is IF I can't get a straight answer from my local walmart-and I cannot-then I face the possibility of getting arrested anyways...
    For what, exactly, would you be arrested?

Since you can only be arrested for breaking¬*the law.....

....please point out the ordinance that you would be arrested for breaking.
    Depending on how the situation plays out tresspassing-or if a crooked cop who is exempt from prosecution wants to trump up charges-he could walk right up to me and arrest me for disturbing the peace-Possibly by saying it disturbed the peace for people to see me carrying a gun.
    Paranoid much?

Post imported post

I see nothing in state law that says you are guilty of disturbing the peace due to your legal carry of a firearm.

Cops can arrest you and attempt to charge you for anything they want. It doesn't mean it will stick and doesn't mean they won't have to answer for their actions.

Post imported post

I would tend to agree that you could be cited for disturbing the public (especially since an LSL Commander told me as such), but, on the other hand, if the retarded Westboro Baptist Church doesn't get cited for it, I can't imagine you will, too. Or, if you did, you would probably fight it.