• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Local Walmart

silo

imported post

If you get arrested for walking into a Wal-mart and having them call the police, you'll be due a rather large gift card from corporate.

But you shouldn't get arrested. In general you'll only get arrested if you're asked to leave and do not. Since OC is permissible in your town, you wouldn't get charged for brandishing a weapon or anything; just trespassing. As long as you leave when asked -- which would be against their policy -- then you should be good to go.

Superlite27

imported post

hiruleshouse wrote:
Problem is IF I can't get a straight answer from my local walmart-and I cannot-then I face the possibility of getting arrested anyways...

For what, exactly, would you be arrested?

Since you can only be arrested for breakingthe law.....

....please point out the ordinance that you would be arrested for breaking.

Festus_Hagen

imported post

hiruleshouse wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
hiruleshouse wrote:
 Problem is IF I can't get a straight answer from my local walmart-and I cannot-then I face the possibility of getting arrested anyways...

For what, exactly, would you be arrested?

Since you can only be arrested for breaking the law.....

....please point out the ordinance that you would be arrested for breaking.
Depending on how the situation plays out tresspassing-or if a crooked cop who is exempt from prosecution wants to trump up charges-he could walk right up to me and arrest me for disturbing the peace-Possibly by saying it disturbed the peace for people to see me carrying a gun.
Paranoid much? :uhoh:

MK

imported post

I see nothing in state law that says you are guilty of disturbing the peace due to your legal carry of a firearm.

Cops can arrest you and attempt to charge you for anything they want. It doesn't mean it will stick and doesn't mean they won't have to answer for their actions.

silo

imported post

I would tend to agree that you could be cited for disturbing the public (especially since an LSL Commander told me as such), but, on the other hand, if the retarded Westboro Baptist Church doesn't get cited for it, I can't imagine you will, too. Or, if you did, you would probably fight it.