Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 'Of Guns and Bicycles', Blogs.NewYorkTimes.com, and cops and Obama

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-and-bicycles/
    When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
    Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Take a good look at what this world is coming too. There were too many bikes locked up along Obamas travel route so they caonfiscated them because they could be made into weapons.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Allis, WI, ,
    Posts
    299

    Post imported post

    I thought that bikes were green...
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    bikes can be made into weapons. now that's a new politically correct one. confiscating them, how politically correct. perhapse next the bike owners will be brought in for "bike sensitivity" training. me, i'm using bikes to develope a new method of propulsion. Doug, i need some anti-matter, you got any to spare?

    i will say, in all seriousness, i hear the bike is the emerging mode of transport for criminals, easy to maeuver, silent, easy to ditch, goes places cars can't. leave it to the ciminals to develope new uses huh?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Maybe we should pass a law requiring the president of the U.S. to remain within the White House for the duration of his term, because his presence is too disruptive.



  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    Maybe we should pass a law requiring the president of the U.S. to remain within the White House for the duration of his term, because his presence is too disruptive.

    +1000


  7. #7
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    dispruptive, yeah. they strip search anything within a quater mile of him. he has more of an army present than well.........

  8. #8
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-and-bicycles/
    When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
    Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?
    Doug,

    No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    cowboyridn wrote:
    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-and-bicycles/
    When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
    Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?
    Doug, No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".
    Very good. My point is that guns from the South or Midwest are the only avenues available unless the Canadians are sending their guns or the NYPD is dredging the harbor. It was as much a comment on incompetent reportage as much as their ignorance about guns.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    I agree thats the way I understood it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    cowboyridn wrote:
    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-and-bicycles/
    When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
    Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?
    Doug, No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".
    Very good. My point is that guns from the South or Midwest are the only avenues available unless the Canadians are sending their guns or the NYPD is dredging the harbor. It was as much a comment on incompetent reportage as much as their ignorance about guns.
    I get it now,

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    13

    Post imported post

    Bikes make great pipe bombs, this is why.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    hunterjim wrote:
    Bikes make great pipe bombs, this is why.
    Hysteria to justify theft.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Cobra469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Allis, WI, , USA
    Posts
    218

    Post imported post

    If bicycles were such a problem then why not put up temporary signs so no bicycle parking allowed. I am sure they did this to vehicles. Instead they try to justify illegal seizure in the name of national security. While they are at it maybe they should bulldoze entire blocks so that there can't be any explosives hidden in them that may disrupt the Presidents motorcade. Speak of the motorcade did they remove bikes for 1 path for his motorcade? I would assume that they would clear multiple paths so that they have contigency plans in the event that they need to change the route. This would mean that they illegal seized bicycles that actually were never a threat to the motorcade regardless if they had any modifications to make them a weapon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •