• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Of Guns and Bicycles', Blogs.NewYorkTimes.com, and cops and Obama

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/of-guns-and-bicycles/
When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Take a good look at what this world is coming too. There were too many bikes locked up along Obamas travel route so they caonfiscated them because they could be made into weapons.

M

McX

imported post

bikes can be made into weapons. now that's a new politically correct one. confiscating them, how politically correct. perhapse next the bike owners will be brought in for "bike sensitivity" training. :D me, i'm using bikes to develope a new method of propulsion. Doug, i need some anti-matter, you got any to spare?

i will say, in all seriousness, i hear the bike is the emerging mode of transport for criminals, easy to maeuver, silent, easy to ditch, goes places cars can't. leave it to the ciminals to develope new uses huh?

Tomahawk

imported post

Maybe we should pass a law requiring the president of the U.S. to remain within the White House for the duration of his term, because his presence is too disruptive.

M

McX

imported post

dispruptive, yeah. they strip search anything within a quater mile of him. he has more of an army present than well.........

LOERetired

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
When guns make it from purchase to crime within two years, it is “a strong indicator to us that they could be illegally trafficked firearms,” Mr. Green said. Those are guns that are moved in the so-called iron pipeline, coming up from the South or Midwest to New York City.
Considering NYC is in the Northeast extremity of the country, for guns to come from the North means that they' have to come from Canada - HAH - or from the Atlantic Ocean, dredged up from the harbor?

Doug,

No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
Doug, No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".
Very good. My point is that guns from the South or Midwest are the only avenues available unless the Canadians are sending their guns or the NYPD is dredging the harbor. It was as much a comment on incompetent reportage as much as their ignorance about guns.

LOERetired

imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
Doug, No where did it sayguns are comming from the north, it said they are comming from the "South or Midwest to New York City".
Very good. My point is that guns from the South or Midwest are the only avenues available unless the Canadians are sending their guns or the NYPD is dredging the harbor. It was as much a comment on incompetent reportage as much as their ignorance about guns.
I get it now, :banghead:

Cobra469

imported post

If bicycles were such a problem then why not put up temporary signs so no bicycle parking allowed. I am sure they did this to vehicles. Instead they try to justify illegal seizure in the name of national security. While they are at it maybe they should bulldoze entire blocks so that there can't be any explosives hidden in them that may disrupt the Presidents motorcade. Speak of the motorcade did they remove bikes for 1 path for his motorcade? I would assume that they would clear multiple paths so that they have contigency plans in the event that they need to change the route. This would mean that they illegal seized bicycles that actually were never a threat to the motorcade regardless if they had any modifications to make them a weapon.:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: