Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOC, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting

Post imported post

JeffSayers Wrote:
    Dear Michigan Open Carry Members:

I am pleased to announce that a date and location have been finalized for our first ever annual membership meeting. We will meet at the Bath Township Community Center located at 5959 Park Lake Road, Bath, MI 48808 on May 22nd at 2:00 p.m. (Maps attached) A formal agenda for the business to be conducted at the meeting will follow.

After the meeting we will have a bar-b-que at Wiswasser Park just down the road. Look for an event thread in our forums for items to bring.

Regards,
    Jeff Sayers
    President
    Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

Also see: Calendar of Events for Attendance & Location Maps

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/events

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Post imported post

I can't address your other concerns, but I do think Bath is a good place. People will be car pooling to this event, and it makes sense to make it as central as possible, to encourage everyone to come. I for one approve of the Bath location.

And on an unrelated note, every time I hear about Bath, I miss Fred Trost.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Banned

Post imported post

Im 99% sure Im coming.

Post imported post

Regretfully, I will not be in attendance as I have a wedding to go to on that day.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Post imported post

I will be there.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned

Post imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
    Regretfully, I will not be in attendance as I have a wedding to go to on that day.
    Sorry for the bad news man, being single was great while it lasted:?

Post imported post

he didnt say it was his wedding lol .. Being single is over rated.

Post imported post

ill attend as long as no emergencies pop up,i plan to be back to michigan in 8-10 days to leave time for durand and this.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Will this be an OC meeting? :P:P

Post imported post

hehehe yeah
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    he didnt say it was his wedding lol .. Being single is over rated.
    +1
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

sigh....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Will this be an OC meeting? :P:P
    yes

Post imported post

I was being a little sarcastic....:P

I am still curious though as to why our membership meeting would be posted on OCDO?

After all it is a MEMBERSHIP meeting and should only have been posted in the "MEMBERS" section on MOC.

I understood that to relieve some of the outside "non-member" complaints was the reason to finalize our own site for MOC business.

Did I miss something in the understanding?

Post imported post

my assumption would be that not all MOC members that are a part of OCDO are also a part of the MOC forums,or do not check MOC forums as regularly as the OCDO forums.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

If they are a member and are interested in the posting of MOC business; then it is upon them to keep updated on the MOC site.

OCDO is not an appropriate venue to conduct MOC business....never was.

JMO

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    If they are a member and are interested in the posting of MOC business; then it is upon them to keep updated on the MOC site.

JMO
    Tend to agree.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

JMO
    Interesting comment. Then MOC shouldnt be posting its
    business on OCDO constantly if it should be discussed elsewhere.

Post imported post

I have stated that more than once Mike.

Banned

Post imported post

Its partly an advertising thing. Although I doubt its intensional.

Post imported post

I tend to agree as well for MOC member only events. For events that we are sponsoring that are open to the general public I think an informational post here is fine.

Also remember this is our first annual meeting and not all of our members have activated their MOC Forum accounts. By next year I would not see any need to post MOC member only events like the annual meeting on here. However at this time for the first meeting I see no problem with it.

I do agree that we should continue to transition to our own site with member only info... however we also want to remember that if not for OCDO we would not have had a home so to speak for the first several years of our movement here in MI! So we don't want to completely distance ourselves.

By us posting our events we are embracing other OCers and continuing to support OCDO.

Post imported post

Sigh...

I agree that posting MOC events on OCDO is advertising geared to increasing traffic at those events and perhaps resulting in increased membership........... but.....

I suspect that MOC has the email address of each and every one of it's members? A simple email notification of member's only business should suffice to let every member know...

and to keep off topic posts from impinging on the reputation and credibility of MOC.

Let me ask a simple question...

What would folks think of the credibility... and the desirousness of joining.. any organization that stuck a flyer notifying folks already members of that organization that there will be a membership meeting on fence posts and telephone poles? After all... membership meetings are limited to......... members. The general public isn't invited.... and really doesn't give two farts in the wind about a meeting they can't attend anyway.

As for posting MOC internal business on the parent OCDO forum... isn't it about time the child stood on it's own two legs?

For myself, as an individual who OC's everywhere every day all day long, when MOC grows up I'll consider adding my efforts to their goals. Until then I'll not associate myself with an organization that is so............... disorganized.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

I find it interesting it's posted on here but when questions were asked they are simply ignored. Seems pretty obvious to me what's going on.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    bandersnatch wrote:
    Sorry for the bad news man, being single was great while it lasted:?
    Yeah, definitely not my wedding. As I have said many times...I dodged that bullet
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast