• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR15 OC....

DJEEPER

imported post

I know everyone here is into Open carry...so i will toss this to you.

Have you ever oc'ed your AR15 or anything like that just because you could?
ever been hassled? where did you go?

im sure if you are a thrill seeker, this would be the ultimate :what::what::what: adventure.

My opinion of it is: I have my CWP, so I know I legally could... but i feel that the possibility for negative publicity would be potentially damaging to our cause. i.e.: "Right wing extremist gun carrying man brings deadly assault rifle into wal-mart. Gun rights gone too far? Tonight at 11. "

But a little demon inside of me tells me that openly carrying my AR15 might be interesting to educate a couple cops/people.

so... have you?

DJEEPER

imported post

also, if you know the thread... i would be interested in know it.

i tried to search and i got a bunch of garblety goop.

"Invalid SQL query: SELECT s1.post_id FROM wowbb_search_index s1,wowbb_search_index s2,wowbb_search_index s3,wowbb_search_index s4,wowbb_search_index s5,wowbb_search_index s6,wowbb_search_index s7,wowbb_search_index s8,wowbb_search_index s9,wowbb_search_index s10,wowbb_search_index s11,wowbb_search_index s12,wowbb_search_index s13,wowbb_search_index s14,wowbb_search_index s15,wowbb_search_index s16,wowbb_search_index s17,wowbb_search_index s18,wowbb_search_index s19,wowbb_search_index s20,wowbb_search_index s21,wowbb_search_index s22,wowbb_search_index s23,wowbb_search_index s24,wowbb_search_index s25,wowbb_search_index s26,.....etcetcetc"

wylde007

imported post

CWP (CHP, actually) has no bearing unless you plan to OC with a 30 rd mag or more.

It's not illegal, just considered generally bad form. We OC'ed long arms at Gravelly Point and Fort Hunt two weeks ago at the Restore the Constitution rally.

I OC'ed my Nagant and SKS at Chesapeake City Park for a rally last year without problems.

It's the manner you carry yourself and the circumstances surrounding such. While I don't disagree with the prospect, the act of carrying it out leaves a little to be desired. What is the ultimate purpose? Is it to defend yourself or is it to make a political/civil statement?

I wouldn't suggest doing it, but I would not be personally startled nor would I object to your being able to do so.

I think a lot of people don't want to see militarily-armed individuals just walking around. It generally means something of greater consequence is afoul and that can lend itself to all kinds of other conclusion-jumping, especially by those who don't share our love of liberty unmitigated and unrestricted.

lil_freak_66

imported post

up here a few of us will do it at OC events.

everyday? or even just alone as a one time deal,have fun dealing with the LEO's.

Pagan

imported post

If you had to use it for aself defense situation in public, there could be a big problem with over penetration, unless carrying varmit rounds or maybe frangible ammo.

AlsoI believe that the site owners have made this topic off limits for THIS board. OC of handguns is the primary focus here, and this thread will probably be locked or dleted.

wylde007

imported post

It's a pretty harmless question and no more OT, really, than some people feel having a drink and carrying is verboten while some others do not.

If they wanted it to be handgun only, the site should be called HOCDO, which kinda sounds like hocking a loogie when you say it. :lol:

However, rule #11 (we've all read the rules, right?) states explicitly that OC of long arms is a no-no and their reasons are registered also therein. ;)