• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is it about gun critics and the 'Wild West?'

Dave Workman

Mech

imported post

Oh...you know these people..they think the wild wild west is just a bunch of cowboy lunatics running around and shooting with their guns out in the open, while back east everyone's dressed up all nice and tidy and gun violence is nonexistent...

From my talks with people, that seems to be a rather common misconception. Sadly, even those who actually paid attention in US History class thinks the same way. You can sit them in lectures for hours, but their predisposed ideas can be hard to change.

And that's one reason why I OC. Using my actions (and words when necessary) to educate people about the REAL world that we live in, to show, by example, that OC is in fact legal. :)

Tomas

imported post

...at the very least stealin' a man's ride ought to still be a capital offense.

These days even a caught serial car thief is usually back on the street before a person gets their car back...

:lol:

killchain

imported post

Tomas wrote:

These days even a caught serial car thief is usually back on the street before a person gets their car back...

*IF* they get the car back. I feel sorry for all those guys and gals who have Acura Integras that disappeared into chop shops.

Tomas

imported post

killchain wrote:
Tomas wrote:

*IF* they get the car back. I feel sorry for all those guys and gals who have Acura Integras that disappeared into chop shops.
Yeah, and it always galls the Hell outta me when the police totally destroy someone's car in the process of apprehending the scum who stole it, then after having it destroyed the the thief's not even punished, and doesn't even have to pay for the damage.

Car thieves take what to most people is either their number one or number two most costly possession, and the legal system doesn't even pretend to treat of it as a serious felony. They run 'em through court, give them a nice low bail, and they probably steal another car to drive home from court.

*twitch*

(Sorry, one of my buttons has obviously been pushed. I'll go quietly.)

PSTOC_av.gif

"Don't touch my car."

Red Ryder

imported post

The old westwas romanticized on the big screen. I think about the only western themed portrayal that didn't have some sort of armed confrontation on a regular basis was "Little House on the Prairie".

Then there's what I call the New West. I think the crime rate in Tacoma, for example,would make the citizenry of Dodge City blush. There's more crime there in a month than Dodge City in a decade. The old "Almost Live" comedy show had a funny city slogan for Fife: Last chance to reload before Tacoma.

(My apologies in advance to all those fine upstanding citizens in Tacoma.)

Dave Workman

imported post

Red Ryder wrote:
The old west was romanticized on the big screen. I think about the only western themed portrayal that didn't have some sort of armed confrontation on a regular basis was "Little House on the Prairie".

Then there's what I call the New West. I think the crime rate in Tacoma, for example, would make the citizenry of Dodge City blush. There's more crime there in a month than Dodge City in a decade. The old "Almost Live" comedy show had a funny city slogan for Fife: Last chance to reload before Tacoma.

(My apologies in advance to all those fine upstanding citizens in Tacoma.)

I grew up in Tacoma. How can you possibly apologize for something like this?

One does not apologize for telling the truth.

The only thing wrong with Tacoma is that there is no season on perps and no bag limit. But if one turns it over to the Department of Fish & Wildlife, I'm betting drawing permits will be offered...

:what: :uhoh: ;)

kparker

imported post

The only thing wrong with Tacoma is that there is no season on perps and no bag limit. But if one turns it over to the Department of Fish & Wildlife, I'm betting drawing permits will be offered...
Wow, you're onto something. Once this happens, can we also ask them for an urban deer bow hunting season? We are so, so overrun by Bambi and parents!

k.rollin

imported post

Tomas wrote:
Yeah, but perp pelts are worthless and the meat is greasy...

Perps are pest animals though, kind of like feral hogs (i.e. not hunted for food). The real answer would be to declare open season on them, no tags or permits, and maybe offer a bounty.

dodgy-shifty.gif

killchain

imported post

k.rollin wrote:
Tomas wrote:
Yeah, but perp pelts are worthless and the meat is greasy...

Perps are pest animals though, kind of like feral hogs (i.e. not hunted for food). The real answer would be to declare open season on them, no tags or permits, and maybe offer a bounty.

dodgy-shifty.gif
Perps are Goblins.

GoblinBW.jpg