• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chickens for Glocks

Gundude

imported post

As chickens are soon to be legal tender in Nv. What is the value of one chicken. Anyone who owns chickens should lock them up. puck! puck! puck!

greengum

imported post

This is what happens when you are forced to OC Barney Fife unloaded style only after you google earth your destination and route. I think he is referring to a Senitorial (spelling) candidate Sue Lowden who at a recent debate made a comment about exchanging chickens for services rendered to your doctor in the past.

http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/politics/...n_in_TV_ad_on_chickens_for_checkups_plan.html

Gordie

imported post

Hey Gundude, do we really want to start commenting on ridiculous things that our politicians say. I'm sure that since you are from Cali, we could quickly overwhelm you with nonsensical quotes from state and local politicians. Considering the mess that your state is, you may want to be careful about smart comments on ours.:p

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

It is not illegal to trade goods and services for other goods and services.

If you offered a chicken once a month for the next 10 years, many would probably consider it a fair trade for a Glock.

I don't know how much a chicken is worth, but a quick google search showed that somebody is selling chickens for $10-20 a piece. Based upon his price for a chicken, that would place the value of a Glock at at least $1200, but when you count for chickenflation and for the possibility that he might be selling a little high it might not be quite so much value worth of chickens.

Don't forget to report your proper barter taxes to the IRS. Seriously, it is required by the IRS. The IRS still needs to squeeze actual dollars out of you.

Gundude

imported post

Please don't take my "chickens for Glocks" post as a knock against Nevada. It was aimed at a rediculous comment made by a politician. Please feel free to comment on any rediculous comments made by Calif. politicians also. There are rediculous politicians making rediculous comments, and making rediculous laws in every state. We should bring them into the spotlight for all to see.

BTW, Barney doesn't have a bullet, I do.

greengum

imported post

I was at stateline a couple days ago and saw 2 CHP going into McDonald's so I figured i would get a coffee too! I was OC'ing like I always do. They were behind me in line and I made sure to show strong side. They were staring at it then one said something really softly to the other so I decided to say hi! They nodded, then I said I was pretty sure that I would fail a 12031 (e) check and started laughing. They just stared at me. I swear it is like crossing into East Germany when I go back to Kali.