• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Loaded or not loaded in Portland Metro area?

David.Sutherland

imported post

So Im sure there have been many discussions about this already, but Im not going to go looking through all the posts to find my answer so Im hoping someone can help me.

Ive Been carrying open for quite a while now and have had very minimal reactions from anyone (mostly possitive reactions suprisingly,and lots of questions), with the exception of some jackass skaterkid in the streets of tanasbourne who was working at zumies, andburt out from the door of the store"THAT GUYS GOT A PISTOL!!!!! COOL!!!"

Anyways, Im aware that if I have my concealed carry permit on me, it is legal to carry open within the surrounding portland metro area towns and citieswhich have otherwise restricted it. What I am wondering is... is there anything that says you can carry open, but the gun can not be loaded? And what does loaded mean? is that one in the chamber? or a mag in the gun?

Can someone please help me with this and if so point me in the direction of the actual writen laws on the subject?

Thank you all very much, and thank you all for carrying open.

eye95

imported post

Which Portland?

If you put your city and state in your profile, folks can tell where your from and tailor their answers to your local laws.

Also, we have State forums. Find your State forum and ask questions of law there to get the best answers.

Welcome to OCDO. Enjoy.

eye95

imported post

No problem. Someone from Oregon will answer your question. I'm from Alabama and don't know squat about Oregon.