• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Coliseum at it again?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Not much of particularly interesting note on the Coliseum schedule:

http://www.richmondcoliseum.net/calendar.asp

Yata hey

Hey, Grape! Wanna give stickers to the JW again? Fun times!

stay safe.

skidmark
Think that a football game would be more interesting and productive.

Yata hey

Those JWs are so paranoid they almost had a melt down the last time. I've never had security ask who I was so many times in the same session.:lol:

I'm up for it but itd be nice if we had about 12 people to cover all the sides this time.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Who is working this issue? The policies and contracts of the Coliseum need to be FOiAed to see if the Coleseum is pressuring renters to ban guns or charging them higher fees if they do not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Mike wrote:
Who is working this issue? The policies and contracts of the Coliseum need to be FOiAed to see if the Coleseum is pressuring renters to ban guns or charging them higher fees if they do not.
We have a Mutt & Jeff team standing by to retest the waters.

FOIA their policies and contracts is good - suspect that any pressure would be verbal though, not written - we shall see.

Think that the JW would be a waste of time - not 1 in 500 will even look at a WMWAG giving out stickers. All we would do is interact with their private security. :?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Maybe a new tact can be taken per the bold highlighted words below.

The sign/notice itself is illegal, not just the wording. In other words, they cannot even mention "guns/firearms" in any restrictive way in their publications or signs.

No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by § 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. For purposes of this section, a statute that does not refer to firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, shall not be construed to provide express authorization.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Mike wrote:
Who is working this issue? The policies and contracts of the Coliseum need to be FOiAed ....
http://www.richmondcoliseum.net/about.asp

I'd get on it, but A> I do not go to Richmond, and B> I'm already working on Harrisonburg Department of Parks & Recreation this week. :)
PVC has apparently resolved the Harrisburg P & R thing.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=43414&forum_id=54&jump_to=750108#p750108

I will be making contacts regarding the Richmond Coliseum.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Grapeshot, pm me if you need another body. Weekends and evenings only though, work has picked up thank goodness.
Its on my list of to does - something soon.

Yata hey