• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shirt idea

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

lol... The only people that would "get it" would be... Well... "us" :)

Remember... The general public elected Obama... The odds they know anything about legislative history and cause/effect are non-existent.

Having said that, I think we are in a better position today. I think people have been forced to learn about rights. Law-enforcement has been forced judicially to respect the law, not what they wish the law was. I think freedom is more robust today because of it.

Ironically, the command-and-controllers like Doyle who wanted nothing more than a subservient population over-played their hand and in their attempt to ignore the principles of a government "of the people, by the people, by the consent of the governed" set the stage for a mass awakening of the reality of freedom in Wisconsin. Of course there are many who have been aware of real freedom long before the failure of PPA, but there are so many others who thought freedom lost when PPA died. In fact, freedom established a more solid foundation when PPA died. We will build a better house of freedom from that foundation.

xenophon

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
lol... The only people that would "get it" would be... Well... "us" :)

Remember... The general public elected Obama... The odds they know anything about legislative history and cause/effect are non-existent.

Having said that, I think we are in a better position today. I think people have been forced to learn about rights. Law-enforcement has been forced judicially to respect the law, not what they wish the law was. I think freedom is more robust today because of it.

Ironically, the command-and-controllers like Doyle who wanted nothing more than a subservient population over-played their hand and in their attempt to ignore the principles of a government "of the people, by the people, by the consent of the governed" set the stage for a mass awakening of the reality of freedom in Wisconsin. Of course there are many who have been aware of real freedom long before the failure of PPA, but there are so many others who thought freedom lost when PPA died. In fact, freedom established a more solid foundation when PPA died. We will build a better house of freedom from that foundation.

I agree, I think when PPA died, that fueled the fire to where we are today (in part). I remember back in that year, even to mention "open carry" in Wisconsin had "disorderly conduct" in that same sentence.

I love open carry, just wish that 1000ft school rule would go away. I was out in a park in Washington county today (not carrying), but I had thought about it. It had a residential neighborhood nearby, and it didn't seem like any schools were in the vicinity. Upon leaving in the car, I found a K through 5 school about a half mile away.

I just thought "damn, had I been carrying, I could have mistakenly walked into that part of the neighborhood.

On that related note, did the PPA exempt licensees from the 1000 ft rule? (not trying to get into a CCW debate, just the general 1000ft rule as it applied in that bill)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I remember back in that year, even to mention "open carry" in Wisconsin had "disorderly conduct" in that same sentence.

indeed. It was kinda like a sick joke. Kinda like when the bully in middle-school offered you a stick of gum and you pulled it out of the pack and it had a spring-loaded mouse-trap snapper on it.

They'd dangle the open-carry carrot, but if you went to nibble on it, you got snapped in the face.

I love open carry

I do too.. I think it has so many virtues. But its not about what I like or what you like. (just speaking in general, not directed at you) Its what each individual person , at the moment they decide to carry likes. It doesn't matter if open-carry has more benefit than conceal carry. it doesn't matter if open-carry teaches and conceal carry defers the reality of law-abiding citizens carrying. A right is a right. A law-abiding citizen should be able to choose. Their choice. Not governments. Not mine, Not yours. Free people choose for themselves. Individually. How do YOU want to carry. THAT is your right (if you are a law-abiding citizen)

just wish that 1000ft school rule would go away.

Its the reason that was our first constitutionality challenge. The school zone (we believe, and we contend in our lawsuit) practically forecloses a meaningful right to carry. It has to go. We believe the federal court will agree.