• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more firearms at the Great Lake Crossings

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
Wasn't there a poster on here who went there numerous times and even had an interaction w/security etc?
yeah that would be stainless1911.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Im up there constantly, every fri, and sat, sometimes twice, and a couple times throuought the week. Fri at close, spoke with security at close no mension of this. I spoke with probably 6 of them this evening, again no mension of this.

Ill be checking in on this, but there are way more than 2 entrances. there is 6, not including the stores like Bass Pro, where OC is welcome.

Slave

imported post

I saw it on two door this afternoon. I will call and clarify also. Seems that they don't enforce the policy, or I never noticed the signs before?

sevenplusone

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Im up there constantly, every fri, and sat, sometimes twice, and a couple times throuought the week. Fri at close, spoke with security at close no mension of this. I spoke with probably 6 of them this evening, again no mension of this.

Ill be checking in on this, but there are way more than 2 entrances. there is 6, not including the stores like Bass Pro, where OC is welcome.
Excellent Stainless! Please find out the whole/real story.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

BULL $#!+

I was just there, I walked around the entire mall,and checked each entrance, there are 8. I thought 6, but 8. Not including the other store entrances, NONE of which had anything to do with firearms. Only the No Smoking symbol. The rules of conduct are clearly posted at each of the 8 mall enteances, nowhere does it prohibit firearms, openly or concealed.

Wen I went into the mall, through Bass Pro, I happened to see two Auburn Hills police who were walking around the loop. I made eye contact, said, "this place is packed", they responded with, "yes it is, and I intensionally fell in line ahead of them. The way I carry, you can plainly see the XD from the rear.

I saw, and nodded to several security while there, no issues, and I spoke with a janitor about someone I suspected of possibly dealing, so he could call it into security.

Im going back down there this afternoon again if anyone wants to show up. Ill be entering Bass Pro at 6:30.

The mall is free asd clear for all types of carry.

(no long guns) I found that out one day talking with head of security.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
BULL $#!+

I was just there, I walked around the entire mall,and checked each entrance, there are 8. I thought 6, but 8. Not including the other store entrances, NONE of which had anything to do with firearms. Only the No Smoking symbol. The rules of conduct are clearly posted at each of the 8 mall enteances, nowhere does it prohibit firearms, openly or concealed.

Wen I went into the mall, through Bass Pro, I happened to see two Auburn Hills police who were walking around the loop. I made eye contact, said, "this place is packed", they responded with, "yes it is, and I intensionally fell in line ahead of them. The way I carry, you can plainly see the XD from the rear.

I saw, and nodded to several security while there, no issues, and I spoke with a janitor about someone I suspected of possibly dealing, so he could call it into security.

Im going back down there this afternoon again if anyone wants to show up. Ill be entering Bass Pro at 6:30.

The mall is free asd clear for all types of carry.

(no long guns) I found that out one day talking with head of security.
Well thats only reasonable i would think....a bunch a guys walking around with AK's and AR's would cause quite the stir im sure

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

yep. Im glad they allow handguns, many malls dont. As long as we are respectful, and dont approach people, they dont mind. If someone approaches me, and many do, I can talk with them all I want, and give them trifolds or whatever, as long aswe dont solicit them, its cool. But to start pushing long guns, not gonna happen. At least not yet, at best, it would take years.

I heard about an OCer who was asked to check his firearm at the door at Bass Pro because he was going to the range. Store Policy. I guess they wanted ID or something, and the OCer was acting like an asshat about it, giving them the "I dont have to show ID" line. Apparently the OCer was kinda being a prick about the whole thing, (Im getting this second hand) but they wound up letting him in anyhow.

Personally, I would have told him to leave.

The ID option doesnt apply to store policy, Bass Pro is private property, and you fill out a form to use the range. They check your gun, but only to use the range. They install a trigger lock, and ziptie the case, They fill out a recept when you come in for the range, and take it back when you leave.

OCers can walk in armed, they will NOT check, lock, or tie your weapon.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

my pleasure, They have been too good to me down there, to sit by and let them lose buisiness because of some internet rumor.

Ive kinda adopted trhe mall since I can bring OC to so many people there, in such a sjort timeframe. They dont sell alcohol, so I can be there, and because of bass pro, I would be able to make a reasonable argument with 231a. Although I dont see it happening there, Ive dealt with them, and the police there enough by now.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
my pleasure, They have been too good to me down there, to sit by and let them lose buisiness because of some internet rumor.

Ive kinda adopted trhe mall since I can bring OC to so many people there, in such a sjort timeframe. They dont sell alcohol, so I can be there, and because of bass pro, I would be able to make a reasonable argument with 231a. Although I dont see it happening there, Ive dealt with them, and the police there enough by now.
Sounds like a good place for a 1st indoor OC experience....Friday needs to get here faster