• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more firearms at the Great Lake Crossings

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
This is hard to believe sorry. Let's see some photos of the signs. 2 seconds to take a cell phone pic is all we need.
mikestilly, stainless has already proven that this is BULL

oh and im aiming for a Glock 17

this Glock 17 actually

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88845&highlight=glock

ETA: And thanks stainless, my throat feels like i swallowed a nice big box of nails...minus the box....everyone seems to be getting sick, hope your runny nose doesnt get worse, colds suck

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

that link shows the weapon as sold.

I diddnt like the grip angle on the glocks, the XD just fit me better. I like the loaded chamber indicator too.

I was picking up a 2 liter at around 200 feet with target rounds, with the 3" XD.40.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:

I diddnt like the grip angle on the glocks, the XD just fit me better. I like the loaded chamber indicator too.

I was picking up a 2 liter at around 200 feet with target rounds, with the 3" XD.40.
Dammit, well the G17 is what im aiming for anywho, wasnt paying attention....oops

a G22 wouldnt be to horrible either.....i really like the Glock safety system

sevenplusone

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Dammit, well the G17 is what im aiming for anywho, wasnt paying attention....oops

a G22 wouldnt be to horrible either.....i really like the Glock safety system

Have you tried any of these out? If you only intend to own one Glock I'm inclined to recommend the G19...though I guess you won't be using it for CC for another 3 years, so G17 might be better.

I for one do not like any Glock model in .40 S&W, but then again, I don't like .40 at all. 9mm really is the bread and butter.

Take all of that with a grain of salt as I'm a 1911 guy...which is better than a Glock, I'm just saying ;).

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Have you tried any of these out? If you only intend to own one Glock I'm inclined to recommend the G19...though I guess you won't be using it for CC for another 3 years, so G17 might be better.

I for one do not like any Glock model in .40 S&W, but then again, I don't like .40 at all. 9mm really is the bread and butter.

Take all of that with a grain of salt as I'm a 1911 guy...which is better than a Glock, I'm just saying ;).
Well i REALLY wanted a 1911 as my first Handgun, but then it dawned on me that i would much more prefur to not have to chamber a round if something happens, and i definitely dont want to have to disengage a safety...thats what i like about Glocks, and M&P's....not sure about XD's tho....whats the safety system like on those?

malignity

imported post

Even if this were true, too bad I only enter the mall through Outdoor World, where the sign welcomes firearms. Guess I didn't get the memo. Heh.

sevenplusone

imported post

Well i REALLY wanted a 1911 as my first Handgun, but then it dawned on me that i would much more prefur to not have to chamber a round if something happens, and i definitely dont want to have to disengage a safety...thats what i like about Glocks, and M&P's....not sure about XD's tho....whats the safety system like on those?

Have you ever shot a 1911? The safety only seems like an issue until you try one and see that part of your draw becomes flipping off the safety...and if you're like me and many other 1911 shooters you ride the safety for added control. There is also no need to chamber a round in a 1911 any more than any other semi-auto handgun. You carry it cocked and locked (i.e. loaded, round in the chamber, hammer back, thumb safety on). The difference is the gun remains safe during carry with a significantly shorter, lighter, and crisper trigger pull.

I'd seriously recommend trying one before writing them off.

sevenplusone

imported post

Decent range that rents pistols without me losing an arm, leg, and god knows what else
Warren is on the east side of the state correct? I'd be happy to let you try my favorite side-arm at some public range of somesort if we could set up a meeting.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Yea, Detroit is directly south of Warren, and ill keep that in mind, but i think i might want to try renting more than one type of pistol......

BTW...is there a difference between "Handgun" and "Pistol" ??

sevenplusone

imported post

Yea, Detroit is directly south of Warren, and ill keep that in mind, but i think i might want to try renting more than one type of pistol......

BTW...is there a difference between "Handgun" and "Pistol" ??
Technically handgun is all encompassing where as a pistol usually refers to semi-autos rather than revolvers. That said, it's a lexicon thing rather than a definition thing.

sevenplusone

imported post

As for rentals/tryouts/etc....sadly the only things *currently* in the collection as it revolves is aseveral Smith and Wesson and Ruger revolvers, a couple 1911's, a Sig 9mm, and a my Ruger 22/45.

I've switched almost exclusively to 1911's for carry with the occasional visit by a J-Frame or SP101 .357 mag. My DW CBob is holstered up 98% of the time.

autosurgeon

imported post

The question that I now have is what did the OP see... or was this started as a false flag event to get us to look like fools when we started emailing great lakes crossings about this so called policy?

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
The question that I now have is what did the OP see... or was this started as a false flag event to get us to look like fools when we started emailing great lakes crossings about this so called policy?
thats what im thinking....or maybe it was a different mall and he's new to MI

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
thats what im thinking....or maybe it was a different mall and he's new to MI

I'm reluctant to go all the way there....but cough *troll* cough.

He seems to only appear when he's about to deliver a message about another place he was told not to OC or that we can not OC. Furthermore, why would somebody who lives in Wyoming go to the GLC mall when in the GR area we havethreenicer/larger/significantly (ok, only 2 are nicer/larger)more convenient malls. I'm not saying I never visit Muskegon, as a resident around here, it just doesn't really add up. I'd be interested to see why he drove all the way out to that mall.

eastmeyers

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
This is hard to believe sorry. Let's see some photos of the signs. 2 seconds to take a cell phone pic is all we need.
mikestilly, stainless has already proven that this is BULL

oh and im aiming for a Glock 17

this Glock 17 actually

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88845&highlight=glock

ETA: And thanks stainless, my throat feels like i swallowed a nice big box of nails...minus the box....everyone seems to be getting sick, hope your runny nose doesnt get worse, colds suck

I don't know why you would want a Glock with all of that junk on it, that thing was WAY over priced, and had plenty of usless crap! Anywho, if your going to stick with glock, and you want full size check out the G21 (which is what I carry everyday) and the G37, if you are worried about the flash go with the G37, just have money for ammo!

God Bless