• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question About OC'ing

ryanburbridge

imported post

I have never heard anything saying you must have a mag in the gun. I keep the loaded mags on a belt holster exposed. I like the fact that it is easy to see my gun is unloaded. The cop saw no mag and did not ask to check the chamber. It works for me.

Mike Hawk

imported post

I recently posted this in reply to the same question in another thread. I should also add that magazines should not be concealed either.

Yes it's legal, but here's my two cents on this....... Keeping a mag in there has several advantages. Keeping dust, lint, and whatever other foreign objects from finding their way into your pistol is one. Another is that in the minds of a few unscrupulous LEOs, this can be construed as a loaded weapon. Now, I know this is B.S. and most on here know it's B.S., as well as any lawyer with two brain cells to rub together. But the "logic" behind it is that the magazine is considered to be what they like to call an "integral part of the firearm". Therefore, a LEO whom is looking to jam you up for something will reason that those loaded mags on your other hip constitute a loaded firearm. So keeping an UNloaded mag in the gun would therefore "complete" the gun, taking away the whole bogus argument with it. In addition, with a bit of practice, the empty mag can easily be dropped on the draw without affecting the load time at all. I have one of those crappy-ass Mekgar mags that I lovingly refer to as my "$30 dust cover". Hope this helps!:)

1245A Defender

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
no my question is that the 1000ft rule applies from property lines to school zone lines or is it from the structure of the mall to the school zone lines.
i dont think the property lines of the mall would have anything to do with it.
your person needs to be 1000 feet from the property line of the school (GFSZ).

Wc

imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
giaking70 wrote:
Wc wrote:
giaking70 wrote:
just don't give the goat one of-------------->> :celebrate sorry couldn't resist...

yes you can OC in a mall but make sure they don't have anything pertaining to "No Firearms Allowed" signs and make sure you have a digital recorder or some kind of recording device because I will almost assure you, someone will call the locals. Talking from experience here...please let us know how it goes. Also, be careful about schools nearby because being in a mall will not protect you if you are within a 1000ft zone. >>>Incorrect<<<
CPC 626.9
(c) Subdivision (b) does not apply to the possession of a firearm
under any of the following circumstances:
(1) Within a place of residence or place of business or on private
property
, if the place of residence, place of business, or private
property is not part of the school grounds and the possession of the
firearm is otherwise lawful.

Just stay off the public sidewalk and street including front door business.
ok my bad, I always thought if you were within 1000ft regardless of where you were at within the school zone, you were violating that rule of thumb. There is a Starbucks near where I live and it is well within the 1000ft zoning, that's why I never went to that one. Thanks for the corrections on that...
Wc, stop giving out bad info. Even if you are somewhat new here, you've been here long enough to know better.
OK of yourfinger pointing at me, ask why not you tell us about how I could've be given out a bad information within this thread?

You've not been here long enough to know better and that's why you has beenarrested while I don't.

Wc

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
Wc, stop giving out bad info...
+1

I swear Wc should come with a disclaimer... when his English is coherent, his logic/facts are often flawed...

This forum sorely needs an "Ignore" button.
OK of yourfinger pointing at me, ask why not you tell us about how I could've be given my logic/facts are often flawed? And why you didn't on every other members?

You've been here too long enough to know better but why you has beenarrested while I don't.

Mike Hawk

imported post

Wc why is you not right speak type, make sense not? Why you heavily so troll? You are grammar annoying kind of. For why arrested got I? Cop penis contest handcuff I was. Criticize don't know why you do when barely speak can you?

mjones

imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
Wc why is you not right speak type, make sense not? Why you heavily so troll? You are grammar annoying kind of. For why arrested got I? Cop penis contest handcuff I was. Criticize don't know why you do when barely speak can you?
ROFL!!!! Wc mated with Yoda! :what:

anthonyakadayday

imported post

Here is an email i received today from theOntario MillsMallin Ontario Ca.

A As private property owners, we maintain the right to implement rules known as the Code of Conduct designed to enhance the safety and security of our customers, retailers and staff. As such, we don't allow weapons on the property. Marc Smith
Ontario Mills
VP / General Manager
909.484.8301 - Office

Q In the state if california it is legal to carry a unloaded firearm. My question to you is do you respect the laws of the state and allow law abiding citizens to shop while exercising their rights, or do you have a policy in place that prohibits the legal carry of a firearm.

stfu

Banned
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Seems that WC has been contracted with a few jobs...

Advertising:

129163603988876585.jpg

129144295962604203.jpg

Creating warning signs:

129161617573970888.jpg

129147034717977732.jpg

here is WC's not-so-cali-compliant OLL:

129141283372732385.jpg

stfu

Banned

stfu

Banned