• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to Gov. Brewer from Wisconsin

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

The Honorable Jan Brewer
Governor of Arizona
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007

Dear Governor Brewer,

I am a resident of the State of Wisconsin. It was with great interest that I read about the pending common sense and certainly appropriate legislation being proposed in your state regarding illegal immigration. Interestingly enough, I am married to a gentleman of Latin dissent. I myself, of Italian dissent. ALL of my family came here legally, learned English; contribute and continues to contribute to our society and bear children with physical, psychological, financial and emotional stability in mind. We do not expect others to take care of us; nor is “learned helplessness” tolerated in this family.

Here in Wisconsin, I have seen our taxes in all arenas rise to one of the highest in the nation and; I watch our teachers baby sit children; while those there to LEARN are left behind.

My husband works minimum ten hours a day; I, myself work one full-time job that I have been at for 20 years and a part-time job as a waitress. Here in Wisconsin; illegals expect and receive all on my tax dollar the following:

1. Free medical care for the entire family.
2. Spanish-speaking government bureaucrats for all services. Now, the Department of Natural Resources AND the Department of Transportation has added an automated attendant option in MONG.
3. Wisconsin government forms are printed in Spanish and English.
4. The hiring of Wisconsin teachers largely depends on if they are (bi-lingual).
5. Our schools include classes in American culture and history BUT also Spanish.
6. My kids see the Mexican flag on one of the flag poles at their school.
7. Over 49% of the children receive “free” breakfast and lunch.
8. Illegals are given VERY easy access to government services, no food “stamps”; a plastic QUEST card that is swiped like a credit card. I stand at the grocery store watching people use their QUEST card to buy junk food that contributes to obesity and brand name products I could never afford for my family on our budget. And they don’t even have to go to the offices after the initial visit. The goodie package gets delivered to their front door via US mail every month. We watch them line up with the welfare checks at the Check-N-Go like clockwork.
9. 99% have a car and drive in Wisconsin but, don't purchase car insurance.
10. Our local police officers have been “asked” to learn Spanish and it is “suggested” that they not racial profile even though statistics dictate a more aggressive approach to crimes.
11. We are a lower middle class family in a family neighborhood that is turning into a pocket of crime. At all hours of the night there are huge parties, 10 to 15 people living in a two bedroom home, loud noise coming from the homes and cars all over the place. If the neighbors complain; we suffer vandalism.

"Wisconsin Agenda": Those who prefer welfare to will and interference to independence.
The hardest-working and most productive in the State of Wisconsin are bled, through Medicaid, rent supplements, free education, food stamps, welfare and an annual check from Uncle Sam called an Earned Income Tax Credit, though they never paid a nickel in taxes---the learned helplessness and willful ignorance feasting on these freebies is morally reprehensible. And we, as the middle class, keep falling behind more; we are expected to subsidize all this. It’s depressing, TRYING to do right and make a living, with all the madness going on around us…. Popping out kids is just a free ride, no limit to it and no parenting required; let our teachers babysit instead of teach.
My state, your state, this country; was not built and cannot sustain this type of behavior. I am a compassionate woman. I have lived my life trying to give back. But I’ve had enough and my votes in the next election will reflect my frustrations.
I only wrote to say I commend your lawmakers in crafting a bill that will CONSTITUTIONALLY enforce laws that protect our country, our “home” from being destroyed by those who may not have worked for and earned the freedoms and great privileges America offers. We need to protect the States’ sovereignty while acknowledging that serial amnesty will bankrupt this nation.
Sincerely,

“Educated, Working, Insightful, RESPONSIBLE Wisconsin Mom”

mzbk2l

imported post

From the OCDO rules:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]

Tough, I know, for some of you to understand.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Is this still OPEN CARRY dot org, or have we become an illegal immigration forum?

so it is a problem to support the best thing to happen in a while? sorry i ruffled your feathers but i felt this was IMPORTANT and did not belong in the rant and rave column. hope the moderator will either move or delete then sorry........

lostone1413

imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:
Is this still OPEN CARRY dot org, or have we become an illegal immigration forum?

so it is a problem to support the best thing to happen in a while? sorry i ruffled your feathers but i felt this was IMPORTANT and did not belong in the rant and rave column. hope the moderator will either move or delete then sorry........
I for one think you wrote a great letter. Thanks for posting. In my book you'd be more then welcome if you ever decide you want to move out West!

Dahwg

imported post

Well AZ is an OC state. Heck we're more than that- we're a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY STATE!!! The more packing patriots the merrier, move away from cheeseland and come on out!

:celebrate

:dude: Has officially turned this into an OC thread... you're welcome.

mzbk2l

imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:

I think it was a great letter, and if this was an illegal immigration forum I'd be posting in support of your letter, or asking if I could use it as a template for my own.

This is supposed to be an OC forum, however, and lately the AZ section of it has been much busier discussing our new illegal alien law than it has discussing OC.

I go to political forums to discuss politics. I come here to discuss OC topics.

My frustration was not with you specifically, but with the fact that so many people have felt the need to fill the forum with off topic discussion.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

i should say that this letter is exactly my feelings but i am not the author. i should have posted it as such but in totality these are my sentiments. sorry about the confusion but this needed to get out there for you all in AZ.

arentol

imported post

Although I have not read the Arizona law in detail, what I have read about it in the news seems to indicate that it is doomed for complete and utter failure.

The first time a police officer detains a US citizen for NO other reason than being latino, and the citizen sues the crap out of him and his department (state law is irrelevant, such a detainment is illegal under federal law), all LEO's will quit enforcing this law in any way except AFTER catching someone in a criminal act, which they probably pretty much do anyway.

I am definitely not in favor of being easy on illegal immigration, but this law just doesn't sound like it will stay around long, or at least won't be enforced if it does.

GWbiker

imported post

arentol wrote:
Although I have not read the Arizona law in detail, what I have read about it in the news seems to indicate that it is doomed for complete and utter failure.

The first time a police officer detains a US citizen for NO other reason than being latino, and the citizen sues the crap out of him and his department (state law is irrelevant, such a detainment is illegal under federal law), all LEO's will quit enforcing this law in any way except AFTER catching someone in a criminal act, which they probably pretty much do anyway.

I am definitely not in favor of being easy on illegal immigration, but this law just doesn't sound like it will stay around long, or at least won't be enforced if it does.

Well both YOU and Eric Holder have something in common.

TRY reading Arizona Senate Bill 1070, BEFORE you make judgement on the legality of our new law.

AND Geezzz, please don't be foolish enough to believe everything you see or hear in the Media.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

arentol wrote:

Classic fail - didn't read the source and believes the media.

First and foremost violation is NOT a primary offense. Only after stopping someone for another illegal act can they check on immigration status. That makes it a secondary offense and precisely what keeps it within constitutional restraints.

Yata hey

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Sensationalized media propaganda replaced factual news for the most part long ago.

The coifed talking heads in many (if not most) of these types of things fuel the hysterics with misinformation, disinformation and conjecture. To all... I just say read the damn Bill.AZ SB1070 Go find it...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom,

Don't be discouraged...even if this thread DOES get locked or deleted for being OT.

Despite it being explained here earlier,mzbk2l still doesn't get it, yet he's just one of many people who don't see the big picture: The link between immigration and OC (or other gun-related issues). And he lives in a state (AZ) that should know all this NOW, not later. Why a TX guy-- or any non-AZ resident -- has to get an AZ guy up to speed on this issue, I don't know, but someone has to say something here.

Of course, we in TX face the same issue, so does NM. As for CA and the poor excuse of a governor (and foreigner) timid Arnold, it looks like a lost cause. And, unfortunately, according to our sorry 'leadership' here in TX -- Governor Perry et al --it may be a lost cause here, too, as they won't get tough on immigration, either. And we're trying to get OC here. Not with more politicians/votes against it we won't (read on to see the connection, IMO of course).

Anyway...

While I certainly agree that immigration in general is not DIRECTLY (obviously) OC-related -- andOpeCarry.org should not become a discussion forum ON immigration -- immigration (both legal AND illegal)IS related to OC...CC, and whatever else fierarms-related. IMO, here's why:

Since the overwhleming majority of Hispanics (here legally OR illegally) vote Democrat, that means the more of themhere, the more support there will be for the Democrat anti-gun agenda, from the most exalted Big Kahuna Democrat Obama all the way down to state and local Democrat politicians introducing anti-gun bills and then, getting the VOTES to make them into laws. And when that happens, people like mzbk2lwill be scratching their heads wondering why they were suffering from myopia...and didn't do something about it earlier.

So forget what people like mzbk2lsays, he's just a regular member anyway, not a Mod or Admin. He also can go elsewhere to get his 'fix' on purely OC talk if he can't tolerate 'extended' issues. Or killfile you (or me) and never read any of out posts, or just not read any of our responses. Of course, I also am just a regular member,so you can disregard whatever I say, too!

In short, you are correct: Immigration IS related to OC...but it takes a bit more thinking about the linkthan mzbk2land his ilk seems to be capable of.

Again, we shouldn't turn into a immigration forum -- true enough -- but IMO we DO need to know how immigration (leagal AND illegal) will impact future politics...especially that related to the 2nd Amednment (which, BTW,has NO EXISTENCE or experience in Mexico, where these people come from) and the RKBA.

-- John D.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
BerettaFS92Custom,

Don't be discouraged...even if this thread DOES get locked or deleted for being OT.

Despite it being explained here earlier,mzbk2l still doesn't get it, yet he's just one of many people who don't see the big picture: The link between immigration and OC (or other gun-related issues). And he lives in a state (AZ) that should know all this NOW, not later. Why a TX guy-- or any non-AZ resident -- has to get an AZ guy up to speed on this issue, I don't know, but someone has to say something here.

While I certainly agree that immigration in general is not DIRECTLY (obviously) OC-related -- andOpeCarry.org should not become a discussion forum ON immigration -- immigration (both legal AND illegal)IS related to OC...CC, and whatever else fierarms-related. IMO, here's why:

Since the overwhleming majority of Hispanics (here legally OR illegally) vote Democrat, that means the more of themhere, the more support there will be for the Democrat anti-gun agenda, from the most exalted Big Kahuna Democrat Obama all the way down to state and local Democrat politicians introducing anti-gun bills and then, getting the VOTES to make them into laws. And when that happens, people like mzbk2lwill be scratching their heads wondering why they were suffering from myopia...and didn't do something about it earlier.

So forget what people like mzbk2lsays, he's just a regular member anyway, not a Mod or Admin. He also can go elsewhere to get his 'fix' on purely OC talk if he can't tolerate 'extended' issues. Or killfile you (or me) and never read any of out posts, or just not read any of our responses. Of course, I also am just a regular member,so you can disregard whatever I say, too!

In short, you are correct: Immigration IS related to OC...but it takes a bit more thinking about the linkthan mzbk2land his ilk seems to be capable of.

Again, we shouldn't turn into a immigration forum -- true enough -- but IMO we DO need to know how immigration (leagal AND illegal) will impact future politics...especially that related to the 2nd Amednment (which, BTW,has NO EXISTENCE or experience in Mexico, where these people come from) and the RKBA.

-- John D.
Using that argument, virtually all things are OC related.

The focus is much more specific.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else![/font]

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

Yata hey