• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felony stop for OC in Philadelphia

Pagan

imported post

By not holding these a$$holes accountable with a full blown lawsuit and criminal charges , you do us all a great dis service.

Having a gun pointed at you is NOfreakin game! Having your rights violated is no game either, you must channel your inner pit bull tenacity, and DO NOT let this go!

jahwarrior

imported post

Pagan wrote:
 By not holding these a$$holes accountable with a full blown lawsuit and criminal charges , you do us all a great dis service.

Having a gun pointed at you is NO freakin game! Having your rights violated is no game either, you must channel your inner pit bull tenacity, and DO NOT let this go!

are you offering to help pay for his legal expenses? no? oh, well shut up, then.

Pagan

imported post

Edited - warning rule violation.

I thought I read that the OP has already spoken with or is seriously considering speaking with a lawyer, it only seems that the OP is not taking the matter as seriously as I think he should,IMO,BUT does it cost money to seek criminal charges? I don't think it does!

jahwarrior

imported post

Pagan wrote:
You can go f*ck yourself, you rude a$$ mother@#$%er!

I thought I read that the OP has already spoken with or is seriously considering speaking with a lawyer, it only seems that the OP is not taking the matter as seriously as I think he should,IMO,BUT does it cost money to seek criminal charges? I don't think it does!

temper, temper.

and, disservice is one word. the Grammar Nazi has spoken. so let it be written, so let it be done.

runningfast

imported post

Hey, all- there is no use in arguing with one another. There are plenty enough shortcomings in our state's various agencies- from the PPD to the more relaxed but still misinformed departments throughout Pennsylvania- to handle our energy.

I am taking this seriously. I'm doing everything that I can in what I feel is the appropriate order. I called around to several attorneys asking "What can I do? What should I do?". I came here, seeking information from people more educated and experienced in these matters than myself. And now I've taken the first steps 'with the enemy' in seeing about requesting the incident report. Once I get the report and see how it is written up I will reassess my options.

I am not taking this lightly.

However, I don't have the ACLU or the NRA backing me. I'm moving at a measured pace, discovering what effective and efficient steps I might take to remedy what happened to me.

Thundar

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Philadelphia PD needs some schooling in gun laws, in manners and in understanding the role of a public servant.

Its Pennsylvania, what you expect these people to have manners? lol
If the citizen does not demand it then the public servant will not oblige. Demand a polite and courteous police force and it may happen.

Sig229

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Sig229 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Philadelphia PD needs some schooling in gun laws, in manners and in understanding the role of a public servant.

If the citizen does not demand it then the public servant will not oblige. Demand a polite and courteous police force and it may happen.

I agree, but I was refering to the general PA populace. I have enjoyed living in PA so far (2 years), but I have to admit, these are some of the rudest people I have ever met. NOT everyone of course.

Dreamer

imported post

In light of the most recent news story from Philly, regarding the cop who shot himself, then made up a false report that he'd been shot by a black guy, which ended up in a Philly neighborhood being besieged for several days by Philly PD SWAT teams and K-9 Units, I would suggest that anyone in Philly who is OCing and wearing a badge is automatically suspect...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20100511_Phila__officer_admits_lie_in_saying_he_was_shot.html

Leave the citizens alone--it's the badged OCers in Philly who are are criminals. I'm starting to think that Philadelphia government must work from the same "rulebook" that MD government uses. Luckily, the majority of the rest of PA is still relatively law-abiding...

Oh, an BTW, the Philly DA gave this scumbag cop immunity from prosecution for filing a false police report for his agreement to reimburse the city for the SWAT sweeps. Yeah, like that will ever happen...

If this had been a citizen, they would be in jail, and have their firearms taken away. At least they are planning to dismiss him from the department.

codename_47

imported post

are you offering to help pay for his legal expenses? no? oh, well shut up, then.

It costs 350 to file in Federal. Do you really need help with that?

Deanimator

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
In light of the most recent news story from Philly, regarding the cop who shot himself, then made up a false report that he'd been shot by a black guy, which ended up in a Philly neighborhood being besieged for several days by Philly PD SWAT teams and K-9 Units, I would suggest that anyone in Philly who is OCing and wearing a badge is automatically suspect...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20100511_Phila__officer_admits_lie_in_saying_he_was_shot.html

Leave the citizens alone--it's the badged OCers in Philly who are are criminals. I'm starting to think that Philadelphia government must work from the same "rulebook" that MD government uses. Luckily, the majority of the rest of PA is still relatively law-abiding...

Oh, an BTW, the Philly DA gave this scumbag cop immunity from prosecution for filing a false police report for his agreement to reimburse the city for the SWAT sweeps. Yeah, like that will ever happen...

If this had been a citizen, they would be in jail, and have their firearms taken away. At least they are planning to dismiss him from the department.
Is there some kind of contest going on between the Philly and Chicago PDs for bragging rights over who's more corrupt, incompetent and downright criminal?

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/chicago-cop-accused-of-lying-to-fbi.html

mrjam2jab

imported post

Dreamer wrote:

You're pretty close. Philly's Police Commissioner is Charles Ramsey. He went thru the ranks of Chicago PD before moving and becoming Chief in DC...

jahwarrior

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Sig229 wrote:
Thundar wrote:

If the citizen does not demand it then the public servant will not oblige.  Demand a polite and courteous police force and it may happen.

I agree, but I was refering to the general PA populace. I have enjoyed living in PA so far (2 years), but I have to admit, these are some of the rudest people I have ever met. NOT everyone of course.

you and i need to take a road trip to NJ one of these days...

virginiatuck

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

You're pretty close. Philly's Police Commissioner is Charles Ramsey. He went thru the ranks of Chicago PD before moving and becoming Chief in DC...
Ugh; I didn't know Philly wound up with Ramsey after he resigned from DC. He used to be on the news a lot down here.

He's got a track record of civil rights violations and comes across as having a general disdain for the people.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...fidavit-ramsey-ordered-pershing-park-arrests/

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5618676

Nutter and Ramsey are going to stop at nothing to pad their stats and don't care who they hurt along the way.

But another part of their plan seemed likely to anger some residents -- officers would be allowed to stop, question and frisk citizens who looked "reasonably" suspicious.
"If done right, if done well, it is a legitimate crime-fighting strategy because you are setting the public basically on notice that we are coming after illegal weapons wherever they may be," Nutter said.

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Like i posted above, i sent a check to Runningfast to get a copy of the report. it has been a month+ since the check for $25.00 was cashed and i have not had any reply to e-mails from him. Kim Stolfer and FOAC were willing to help and fight the issue, but it seems he cut and ran.

runningfast

imported post

Phoenix,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I typically only post over on PAFOA.

I don't intend on giving up on this at all. It is just a waiting game at the moment.

aadvark

imported post

Somehow..., I did not see this sooner, but... I do not expect anything better out of Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh either, for that matter.

Pennsylvania is an oddity among the States, in my opinion, because; Pennsylvania reminds my of having New York on both sides with an Alabama in the middle.

Nevertheless, what is Law in Pennsylvania is Law, and Pennsylvania Code 18 Pa.C.S. 6108 is quite clear. It states:

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or

(2) such person is exempt from licensing undersection 6106(b)of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).