• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anit-Gun Harris Teeter re-posts no guns sign again

RaleighCarry

imported post

The Harris Teeter on Oberlin Road has reposted the "No Fire arms signs again.

cytomitch

imported post

I found the same signage at the Charlotte-Morrocroft Harris Teeter today. I called the local store and the manager stated it became effective policy for ALL North Carolina stores Wednesday.

I contacted the HQ customer service and spoke with a nice rep named Julius. He said they received a few complaints from customers in NC who saw guns while shopping and were upset. He said the company takes customer complaints very seriously so they implemented a blanket-ban for all of NC.

Interestingly, Julius stated he also had a concealed carry permit and understood my frustration. He stated that if enough customers complained about the policy, HT would be inclined to reconsider.

1-800-432-6111, option 3 for customer service HQ.

Racer X

imported post

Make those phone calls people. Harris Teeter needs to see the consequences of their misguided actions. Even if you don't like shopping there we need to use our community as a whole to show these businesses just how many people it turns away.

Dreamer

imported post

Both the Harris Teeters in Greenville are posted. I stopped in this evening to check.

I talked to both managers, and gave them each one of my "no guns=no $" cards, and explained that my family would no longer be doing business. I explained that I understood it wasn't a local decision, but a corporate one, and would appreciate it if they let the "boys up the chain" know that we law-abiding permit holders and other law-abiding firearms owners were very disappointed with their decision.

I'll be sending emails and making phone calls tomorrow morning to Corporate.

I'll also be contacting my friends and family in NC, VA, MD, WV and CA to let them know that I would appreciate they join our boycott of HT as long as they maintain this policy...

Here is a pic of their signage:

Resto Guy

imported post

I shopped at the Bell's Fork store last weekend just to see if it was posted. It wasn't.

I won't be backuntil they take OUR "customer complaints very seriously" and reverse it. I will be complaining to corporate.

TheFreeman

imported post

Dang! :cuss:

Now I've got to go double check the store down the road. I didn't see any signage the last time I was there, but that doesn't mean one hasn't gone up since.

Do we have a contact email address and phone number? I'm sure I can generate a few complaints. :cuss:

Juggernaut

imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
Do we have a contact email address and phone number? I'm sure I can generate a few complaints.
Harris Teeter is owned by the Ruddick Corp which is based in Charlotte, NC

Thomas W. Dickson
Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer

Frederick J. Morganthall II President Harris Teeter

Ruddick Corp.
301 South Tryon Street
Suite 1800
Charlotte, NC28202
Phone: 704-372-5404
Fax: 704-372-6409
Web Site: http://www.ruddickcorp.com