• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Coffee with the Mayor

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Las Vegas residents are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Mayor Oscar B. Goodman at the Starbuck’s located at 591 N. Eastern Ave. on Friday, May 7, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. This Coffee with the Mayor session will take place in Ward 3, and Mayor Pro Tem Gary Reese is scheduled to join Mayor Goodman. Residents who have issues to discuss or would simply like to meet the mayor and mayor pro tem are welcome to attend.

http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Publications/22090.htm

I plan to attend, OC of course.

irish

imported post

Are there any additional considerations with the mayor being present and open carrying? Is he going to have a security team present or will there be a large LEO presence? Will they be pro-OC or will it turn into a shit show?

I think this is one of the greatest times to get press for OC in Las Vegas. The media should be present and they will document peaceful, law abiding citizens exercising their rights and the mayor not having an issue with it would be great for the cause.

Nevada carrier

imported post

I think it would be good for the cause weather the Mayor had an issue with it or not.

Headline reads.

Las Vegas MOB lawyer turned mayor freaks out over armed law abiding citizens!

Sabotage70

imported post

irish wrote:
Are there any additional considerations with the mayor being present and open carrying? Is he going to have a security team present or will there be a large LEO presence? Will they be pro-OC or will it turn into a @#$% show?

I think this is one of the greatest times to get press for OC in Las Vegas. The media should be present and they will document peaceful, law abiding citizens exercising their rights and the mayor not having an issue with it would be great for the cause.
I don't know if the mayor has a security detail. Except maybe when he's at work.

Years ago I seen him at costco on MLK. He wasn't dressed up at all. He had some slacks and a kinda dingy white t-shirt on. And I didn't notice any security around him.

And if something was to happen to the guy. They should be more worried about his "connections" than the police.;)

irish

imported post

What specific questions will people present andwant answered by the mayor? I've thought of a few, some relevant to OC and some not. What are some other good questions to ask while we have the mayor's ear?

1. When will we do away with the Clark Countyblue card gun registration tax scheme?

2. When will we take the same approach to concealed carry as Arizona, Vermont & Alaska?

Facejackets

imported post

I may have to attend this.

If you see a guy wearing camo shorts and a Glock 17 in a SERPA, say hi!

Kathy England

imported post

I'll do my best to be there as well. It is right in the middle of my normal sleep schedule but I think it's worth losing a little sleep.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I get off work at 6am too, but usually don't go to bed till around 11a or 12p, so it'll be easy for me to make that. I won't be drinking a coffee though, I'll never be able to fall asleep. Maybe a hot tea or something.

Flanders007

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
irish wrote:
Are there any additional considerations with the mayor being present and open carrying? Is he going to have a security team present or will there be a large LEO presence? Will they be pro-OC or will it turn into a @#$% show?

I don't know if the mayor has a security detail. Except maybe when he's at work.

Years ago I seen him at costco on MLK. He wasn't dressed up at all. He had some slacks and a kinda dingy white t-shirt on. And I didn't notice any security around him.

And if something was to happen to the guy. They should be more worried about his "connections" than the police.;)

Sounds to me like the mayor needs a new tshirt... who else loves guns and coffee?

See thread below... and yes, I can ship them. Who wants one?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/41398.html

Remmy

imported post

Well we just got back there was an okay turn out of citizens talking to the mayor he did shake my hand, also met a candidate for district 3 Steven P. Nohrden http://www.nohrden4congress.com running against Titus. Very 2nd amendment friendly and loved that we were OCing, met one other member from here so there were three of us total OCing today. We all took a picture with Nohrden so hopefully that will be posted by his staff on his site soon. There were two marshal officers inside standing by they did not say anything to us and were greeted with courteous smiles.

greengum

imported post

That is pretty owned if you ask me. Armed Nevada citizens being left alone while meeting with the political crowd. Glad you guys showed up and had a presence. :celebrate:celebrate

28kfps

imported post

This is fantastic. Hope the mainstream news shows this. What an awesome event to have a Mayor of a major city to allow an public meeting with the general public while some of them open carrying firearms. Can you image if that was even suggested in LA, Oakland, CA, New York or Boston? I would have like to have been there. Way to go to those whoever got this on and participated.

imported post

Thank you for mentioning me on your website. I really appreciate it when American's stand up and remind everyone else what this country was built on... OUR Constitution! I am a life time member of the NRA and Front Site. If you live in District 3 of Nevada I need your vote for the Primary. Early voting starts May 22 and the last day to vote is June 8. Please visit my website at www.FireTitus.com (it goes to the same website as the one mentioned above!;)

I'm Steve Nohrden running for Congress in Nevada's District 3 and I approved this message.