• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TOMORROW - Last minute OC Breakfast in North Colorado Springs - Golden Corral Sunday Brunch

ooghost1oo

imported post

Since we're looking at high precipitation tomorrow, and likely postponing the North Colorado Springs Barbeque until next month, here's an idea for a gathering tomorrow morning instead:

0900 2May Sunday
Golden Corral, Woodmen just West of Powers

Sunday is their 'breakfast and brunch' day. A buffet should be an interesting environment for OC'ing, and we'll have no trouble getting a bunch of tables pushed together.

Who's with me? (I'll be there with the wife and baby.)

ZackL

imported post

Sounds good to me. I'll be there with my brother and maybe one or two more people (hopefully). How long does the breakfast/brunch thing last? Should we plan on a later time so everyone can attend or are you set on 9:00? Either way, it doesn't bother me. Also, have you carried there already or is it untested waters?

ooghost1oo

imported post

FWI, folks, Golden Corral was carry friendly. No trouble at all, even with going back for seconds. ;)

Also spent over an hour in the 8th street Wal-Mart today OC'ing with not a single sideways glance.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

ooghost1oo wrote:
FWI, folks, Golden Corral was carry friendly. No trouble at all, even with going back for seconds. ;)

Also spent over an hour in the 8th street Wal-Mart today OC'ing with not a single sideways glance.

You've got some balls lol.. i love UOC'ing but before i do, i spend soo much time scoping out aerial images trying to find schools.

b_whelan

imported post

wish I had joined the forum earlier than yesterday would have joined the gathering. I am just getting into the Idea of OC and would appreciate some assistance in eduacting myself further with the laws and regulations governing OC and where some people have carried in Colorado Springs.

ZackL

imported post

Welcome b_whelan,

If you're up for it, I was hoping that we could reschedule the next meet for late May early June if we can get up enough people to commit. I'm not going to try and schedule anything for a while, but if you want to get something started... well that'd be awesome too.

Anyway, hope it all goes well and maybe see you around soon.

Kingfish

imported post

b_whelan wrote:
wish I had joined the forum earlier than yesterday would have joined the gathering. I am just getting into the Idea of OC and would appreciate some assistance in eduacting myself further with the laws and regulations governing OC and where some people have carried in Colorado Springs.
Welcome aboard. I would encourage you to put your location in your profile (makes answering questions easier.) I am looking at you too Zack.

We love the Springs. We had a great trip there last month...
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/41734.html

ZackL

imported post

lol. Even if I did put my location in, nobody would know where it was, but I will think about it.

Kingfish

imported post

since9 wrote:
kingfish wrote:
We love the Springs. We had a great trip there last month...
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/41734.html
I enjoy hearing about visitors who've enjoyed Colorado Springs. I was a frequent visitor for 35 years. When it came time to decide where I wanted to live for the rest of my life, the decision was fairly easy. :)
Well, it only took one trip to convince us (and many hundreds of hours on the internet.)

We will be out there as soon as I find a job.

cscitney87

imported post

Glad to hear it. I actually was able to get a handful of interviews in the span of a month or two. This was just recently. I used craigslist and Monster.com; used craigslist more.

Friend of mine in the dental field was also able to get a handful of interviews within the span of a few weeks.

Do you need a hand scouting opportunities? PM me I will be glad to help you and anybody else out coming to Colorado. It's my Mecha. I welcome and invite everybody.