• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC at the Museum of Flight?

Bobarino

imported post

i'm headed there tomorrow but i don't remember if they have a no weapons sign or or no guns policy. i'll be armed one way or the other, but if it's going to mess up the visit for my girlfriend, i don't want to get kicked out. i'll just CC if that's the case. anyone done it?

Bobby

joeroket

imported post

The 3 times I have been there have been on a school field trip so I was not able to carry at all. I do not recall seeing any signs restricting firearms.

sirpuma

imported post

The only time I went there (once) I CCd. You could be the test case. As far as I know there is no law against it, but when you go, keep your eyes peeled for a no firearms sign. You could also call in advance and ask them what their policy is.

Generally when I go to museums I CC, just to help keep the peace and not have any confrontations.

Bobarino

imported post

i went today and CC'ed. there are no signs anywhere regarding firearms but i didn't want to make a scene or have my GF's trip cut short or anything. it was a great time. i love going there. makes me miss flying every time i go though.

Flanders007

imported post

In my previous job I was contacted by their head of security in regards to the products my company sold. I visited with him and at the end of our business conversation, we started talking about where we grew up. He wasn't from Seattle area, but from Montana. This was all around the time that I was introduced to opencarry.org (2+ yrs ago), so I asked him if he knew that WA was an open carry state. He not only told me he was aware of WA open carry, as well as Montana, but he said he wouldn't have a problem with it at the museum. While they didn't have a specific policy, as long as it did not present a problem, he would instruct his security people to be respectful of those who were carrying, and to just observe. No surprise to any of us, very few OC'ers have ever presented a problem while out in public. Their head of security understands that an armed society is a polite society.

I would give the Museum of Flight a thumbs up for OC.

amlevin

imported post

Lots of school groups visit there. Rest assured that one of the addle-brained teachers or parents will complain to the staff if they see a gun ,which will no doubt cause Security to be called.

That's when the fun will begin, regardless of signs.