• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

affordable OC belt

Matt85

imported post

im in need of a decent 1.5" belt thats sturdy enough to carry my heavy SP-01 but affordable for my poor abused wallet. currently any thing over $50 is out of my reach.

any suggestions?

thank you

-matt

.45acp

imported post

Matt85 wrote:
im in need of a decent 1.5" belt thats sturdy enough to carry my heavy SP-01 but affordable for my poor abused wallet. currently any thing over $50 is out of my reach.

any suggestions?

thank you

-matt

Hello Matt,

Try The Wilderness @ http://store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=2007.

The instructor belts are excellent. I would suggest the 5 stitch or the CMS under the belt stiffness pull down window. A belt that provides good vertical stiffness is one of the most important aspects of the belt/ holster platform for daily carry of a large framed firearm. You are starting in the right direction by purchasing a high quality belt.

Dreamer

imported post

Look on EBAY...

You can often find used Galcos, Bianchi's, and other brand-name belts there for reasonable prices...

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Here's the Galco instructor belt that I use, it's $49.99.

LV XD9

imported post

sheepdaddy wrote:
Take a look at the Cabelas Double Duty

Real sturdy, double thick, offers great support, and is on sale for $29.99 right now.

I've had my present one for 3 years now and it's still going strong.
Thanks for the recommendation - that looks like a pretty nice belt, especially for the price. I was wondering if you would be able to tell us how wide that particular belt it is, since it doesn't specify on Cabela's site.