• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone ever oc at a job interview?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

files_troll_2.jpg

amzbrady

imported post

I open concealed carried exposesdto an interview at Express Personell. I have an IWB holster that leaves the back end of slide and grip exposed when I dont have my jacket on. They didnt even notice it till they wanted me to take the pee test. Told me to empty my pockets and I asked them about my weapon. He told me that I would either have to go put it in my car or leave it with him until I came back out and that he would be standing there the whole time. I took the holster off my belt and I put it on the table with my wallet, keys, and cell phone.

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I open concealed carried exposesdto an interview at Express Personell. I have an IWB holster that leaves the back end of slide and grip exposed when I dont have my jacket on. They didnt even notice it till they wanted me to take the pee test. Told me to empty my pockets and I asked them about my weapon. He told me that I would either have to go put it in my car or leave it with him until I came back out and that he would be standing there the whole time. I took the holster off my belt and I put it on the table with my wallet, keys, and cell phone.
I've conceal carried while taking a U.A. before and didn't have to remove my firearm. I just unzipped my fly and let 'er rip.

amzbrady

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
I've conceal carried while taking a U.A. before and didn't have to remove my firearm. I just unzipped my fly and let 'er rip.
They didnt want me taking anything in the room with me. I should have told him, "It aint no squirt gun".

Phssthpok

imported post

I OC'd into the state employment dept in Vancouver to apply for a position at the Camas paper mill.

They tried to tell me that it was illegal...I trumped them by quoting the law.

They trumped me with the fact that it was technically private property (the offices were leased from the owners of the building that used to be Tower Mall), so i wound up having to let the security guy lock it up in the security office since my rattle-trap pick-em-up truck doesn't lock.

I got the rejection E-mail before I even got home.:banghead:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
I OC'd into the state employment dept in Vancouver to apply for a position at the Camas paper mill.

They tried to tell me that it was illegal...I trumped them by quoting the law.

They trumped me with the fact that it was technically private property (the offices were leased from the owners of the building that used to be Tower Mall), so i wound up having to let the security guy lock it up in the security office since my rattle-trap pick-em-up truck doesn't lock.

I got the rejection E-mail before I even got home.:banghead:
From my understanding they pulled a bluff on you and you folded.

They are a state agency and do have authority to enact rules and regulations for the operation of their department but they do not have the authority to enact restrictions that are prohibited by out WA State Constitution and State Law. :cool:

The other issue of carrying while conducting an interview, why? Do you want a job and yet you will introduce something that will likely slam the door in your face.

Can you not do more good employed and drawing an income and fighting for your rights then being unemployed and sitting around all day?

Phssthpok

imported post

IMHO there was no bluff. The security guard ( unarmed <rolleyes> ) was employed by the property owners and it was HE that informed me of the restriction. I'm all about holding the state's feet to the fire of the law, but I am also just as dedicated to supporting and honoring private property rights.

Had the state PURCHASED the building formerly known as Tower mall, then I would have stood my ground. However, ownership of the building is indeed still held by a private entity.;)

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BigDave wrote:
Can you not do more good employed and drawing an income and fighting for your rights then being unemployed and sitting around all day?

I'm hoping to find this out. After 15 months unemployed, I'm starting a new job this week!:celebrate

I did not carry to the interview.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
IMHO there was no bluff. The security guard ( unarmed <rolleyes> ) was employed by the property owners and it was HE that informed me of the restriction. I'm all about holding the state's feet to the fire of the law, but I am also just as dedicated to supporting and honoring private property rights.

Had the state PURCHASED the building formerly known as Tower mall, then I would have stood my ground. However, ownership of the building is indeed still held by a private entity.;)
Hmm lets see here the State Employment Security Department is guarded by a private guard hired by the property owner!

Is this in a building that houses other businesses as a mall ? Is the guard in the Employment Security Office?

Any Employment Security I have seen is in a stand alone building and no guards and even if there was the Employment Security Department does not have the authority to circumvent State Law.

All else fails go concealed, don't asked don't tell :cool:

Aaron1124

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:

Hmm lets see here the State Employment Security Department is guarded by a private guard hired by the property owner!

Is this in a building that houses other businesses as a mall ? Is the guard in the Employment Security Office?

Any Employment Security I have seen is in a stand alone building and no guards and even if there was the Employment Security Department does not have the authority to circumvent State Law.

All else fails go concealed, don't asked don't tell :cool:
I know the Gateway Center Plaza is guarded by security who are employed directly to the property owners. All of the businesses on site are leased.

massivedesign

imported post

Most state offices are leased..... This does bring up an interesting point... Technically, the owners of the property are a private entity (not the state), but the sole purpose is for the state to do business, allow public access etc...

I wonder who trumps who there...??? If the state is the sole tenant, and the owners are NOT on site.... can you be asked to leave? What if the owners ARE on site.. Do the private property allowances trump constitutional rights in state leased property?