• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone ever oc at a job interview?

antispam540

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
Most state offices are leased..... This does bring up an interesting point... Technically, the owners of the property are a private entity (not the state), but the sole purpose is for the state to do business, allow public access etc...

I wonder who trumps who there...??? If the state is the sole tenant, and the owners are NOT on site.... can you be asked to leave? What if the owners ARE on site.. Do the private property allowances trump constitutional rights in state leased property?
This is a problem that's been noted in Georgia - the state owns properties that it leases to private companies like restaurants and such. It also rents private property for things like school functions. They've had to work very hard to change the laws so it's clear what is and isn't state controlled...

Glock17

imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
has anyone ever open carried in a job interview?
I would be more nervous about this idea then the employer would be I think! I already have a hard enough time with open carry. I like the idea of open carry and do it on occasion but my biggest thing is during the conversation is the gun gonna come up? So I would have to say no. Not because I don't think its the right of the individual. I think a person should be able to bring a gun to church if they want. Or into the White House if they want. Its tax paid for land. But to a job interview would make me nervous as heck. Intersting question. The Founding Fathers would bevery proud of these types of questions. Rights are not negotiable. Cheers

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Glock17 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:
...I think a person should be able to bring a gun to church if they want...
I already do, and it's perfectly legal. In fact, I OC on Thursday nights, but CC on Sundays.

killchain

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
killchain wrote:
I had an interview once where the interviewer was open carrying.

I also took an off-duty physical while concealing.
Was carrying a firearm a part of your interviewer's job duties?
It was for a private security company. The owner was the interviewer, but I knew ahead of time that the company didn't do armed security, so... guess she was just kinda doing her own thing, haha.

Just for the record, I didn't get the position.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have kinda. I sold my boat while open carrying. Learned that the person who bought my boat were Developers, so went and picked up plans and bid the job all open carrying. They already knew I open carried though and were supportive of it.

I had a house inspection open carrying inspector said nothing, but of course this wasn't in Bellingham proper.

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Glock17 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:
I already do, and it's perfectly legal. In fact, I OC on Thursday nights, but CC on Sundays.
Hmmm? Is god not there on Thursday?
LOL! I laughed pretty good at that one

killchain

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Glock17 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:
Haha, on the rare occasions I go to church I bring a pistol. Odds are half of the people in the church with me bring one too! :D

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Well. there are appropriate places to OC and appropriate places to CC. Despite the legalities of either. The best plan is to put your best foot forward when you go to an interview. An example is my religious and political opinions. I do not bring them out until people get to know me. For instance all the people I work with know where I stand religiously and politically but I would never share that at an Interview.There is nothing morally or legally wrong with OC at an interview. But people don't know who you are as a person so the odds of getting the job are slim. Out and aboutwere you don'tcount on others opinion's is more reasonable place to exercise your rights without others infringing.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Glock17 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:
Everyone that attends on Thursday nights (college age group) knows I carry anyway, so I don't bother concealing. Sundays are a different crowd.

Glock17

imported post

Everyone that attends on Thursday nights (college age group) knows I carry anyway, so I don't bother concealing. Sundays are a different crowd.
What church do you attend? Sounds like a pretty cool church! I don't attend church myself but that sounds awesome. Cheers

Dave Workman

imported post

"If you carry a beer to a job interview....you might be a"

applies equally.

:lol:

Tawnos

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
"If you carry a beer to a job interview....you might be a"

applies equally.

:lol:
employee at a place I used to work? Small computer shops are interesting like that.

amzbrady

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Glock17 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:
They worship a different God?