Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Near West Wendover.... NV Concealed Permit Classes

Centurion

Post imported post

I apologize if this is already covered but I didn't find it.

Does anyone know of a Nevada Firearms Permit Class being taught in or near to West Wendover, NV that Utah residents could attend.... when, where, all details PLEASE!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

I'd also be interested in a class in West Wendover!!!

Post imported post

My wife andI may be interented in this also.

We both allready have Utahs CCP

Post imported post

Just curious but how many of you would be interested and how soon? I have run mobile CCWSfor many groups in NV I have been thinking of expanding this service. I would have to say Wendover is a ways from Reno. I've been there many times fo both Utah instructors course and Hellfire rocket launches at Bonneville. I just never thought there was enugh demand torun a course there.

Mike Motta Semper Firearms Training Reno NV

Post imported post

4 or five ppl have expressed interest so far, but I'm sure we could drum up some more. as far as the time, I can't speak for everyone but I'm thinking Julyish.

Centurion

Post imported post

Thursdays or Fridays are BEST , most Saturdays are ok also... 3 of 4 for me but with ENOUGH advance planning any day can be made to work!

edited to add the blurb about Saturdays.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

A weekend in June would be good for my wife and I.

I have spoken to her about this and she is interested also.

This needs to be linked to the Utah section of the forum also.

Post imported post

Well I figure it would take around 10 or so and the end of July would be perfect for me I could run it on a Friday or Saturday. I would have to find a place to teach and shoot but I'm not opposed to it with enough people and the cost wouldn't be that much different than doing near Reno. Let's talk about this I'mwiling to work with people.

Post imported post

Ya, the end of July is good. we are planning on attending. So lets get this set up and work up a good date.:celebrate

Centurion

Post imported post

Gunrunner 1911....

What costs are you looking at?

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Post imported post

I'll have to look at what my costs to run the class would be. I have to figure travel time, fuel, lodging and a place to conduct the class. It would be 800 mi round trip I would be there the night before stay, run the class, stay drive back the next day. According to my schedule the best day would be Aug 6th or 7th. I know people have said July I'm still able to work a date there too. I think the biggest hurdle would be some where to hold the class that would be reasonable in price. The range portion should be easy just find a safe spot on the BLM where people recreationally shoot.

The class cost itself would bearound $125 for NV and if someone wanted there UT I could add it on for$25. With 10 people it would be worth it. I know for a fact that there are cheaper courses but I have seen first hand and heard of even more incidents from the cheaper companies. I wouldmake it worth your time and mine.

Post imported post

I would suggest confirming that your instructor (whoever it is) is acceptable in the county you are applying in.

I have attempted to get a CCW in Lincoln County twice, and both times they told me they only serve residents of Lincoln County and only accept certain instructors. This is in violation of Nevada law, but rather than fighting it I took my dollars to Clark County instead. I'd much rather support Lincoln County, but they will not accept non-residents.

Anybody from Lincoln County listening?

Post imported post

The system is better now and the new applications are State and not County. We can certainly check with the counties to which application will be made however there isn't much that they can do about it. We are considered state instructors once one Sheriff has accepted the credentials. It shouldn't be an issue for those who want their rights upheld

Post imported post

Take a look at this application: http://www.lincolncountynv.org/sheri...Permit_App.pdf

Look carefully at the first requirement on the list. Lincoln County is my favorite county in Nevada, but.................................... Good luck getting a CCW there if you aren't a resident. Maybe you could fight it, but I tried my best on the phone (twice).

They do have a new county attorney that I've heard is quite knowledgeable and reasonable. My business often deals with the Lincoln County Attorney if I get a good opportunity I will mention the problem to him.

Post imported post

I'm still down, pick a day and I'll mark it on the calender and start saving my pennies.

quick question though. In the shooting portion what exactly is required?

Centurion

Post imported post

What county is West Wendover, Nv in? Would we have to go to the county seat for the permits?

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Post imported post

Elko County

Post imported post

Already waiting for word from Elko County Sheriff. I received an email saying his CCW unit would get back to me on Mon. Lincoln county is right outside Clark down south no need to woory about going there. I'm leaning more to the date of Aug 5th or 6th. but theres plenty of time to discuss it.

Anyone have suggestions on places to advertise this in Salt Lake? Sportsmans clubs and ranges etc that might be able to boost the attendence. At this point it's looking slim. I would like to see about 15 people if more I might be able to knock the cost down some.

Post imported post

Joe and I have a topic running on http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/vi...f=2&t=8446. They also have a forum dedicated to posting classes. I'm sure we could drum up some interest there. I also wouldn't mind printing up some fliers once we settle on a date and time, and posting them at the local gun shops and ranges that have message boards.

Post imported post

gunrunner1911 wrote:
    I'm leaning more to the date of Aug 5th or 6th. but theres plenty of time to discuss it.
    My only problem is the date. Aug is a long time away. The end of June or mid July may be a better time; I would think people don't want to wait 3 months to take a class. Then have to wait more time to actually receive their permit. It is so far off I may need to consider going to Mesquite to get mine and my wife’s.

Post imported post

If you choose Mesquite I highly recommend these guys. http://ccwmesquite.com/

Only problem is... You will probably take the class on the weekend, and need to stay over until Monday morning. You must submit your application in person in Las Vegas. If you get to the fingerprint bureau before they open and stand by the door you won't have to wait for the "entertainers" to get fingerprinted. If you get their early enough it might take you 30 minutes. If you get there late I've been there as long as 2 hours!

Post imported post

This is what I received from Elko County today via email.

In response to your questions regarding Elko County CCWs, I have contacted Washoe County CCW Unit and obtained the information regarding your CCW approved status. That is all our office requires regarding your CCW Instructor approval.

I will attach an application for you to provide for your students. It is required that they come to Elko to have their fingerprints, photo and application processed. There are no satellite locations to provide this service in Elko County .

To have your applications processed in Elko County , your training must physically take place in Elko County , within the State of Nevada .

If further information is needed, please contact this office.

Post imported post

combatcarry wrote:
    If you choose Mesquite I highly recommend these guys. http://ccwmesquite.com/

Only problem is... You will probably take the class on the weekend, and need to stay over until Monday morning. You must submit your application in person in Las Vegas. If you get to the fingerprint bureau before they open and stand by the door you won't have to wait for the "entertainers" to get fingerprinted. If you get their early enough it might take you 30 minutes. If you get there late I've been there as long as 2 hours!

Well I guess that’s out then, I certainly don’t have time to go to Las Vegas and wait to turn everything in there. So hopefully everyone can come up with better date than August though. If not, the I will be there in August.

Post imported post

gunrunner1911 wrote:
    This is what I received from Elko County today via email.

In response to your questions regarding Elko County CCWs, I have contacted Washoe County CCW Unit and obtained the information regarding your CCW approved status. That is all our office requires regarding your CCW Instructor approval.

I will attach an application for you to provide for your students. It is required that they come to Elko to have their fingerprints, photo and application processed. There are no satellite locations to provide this service in Elko County .

To have your applications processed in Elko County , your training must physically take place in Elko County , within the State of Nevada .

If further information is needed, please contact this office.

Ouch, we all have to go to Elko!!! The extra hour and a half may dissuade some people. I'll let everyone know, and get back to you.

Post imported post

It might be worth giving White Pine County a try. Ely isn't much farther from SLC than Elko and you could probably do everything in one place. Plus, Ely would be closer to your instructor (I assume).

I always like Ely anyway. A great place to stay and do some fishing if you have time. Cheap and nice rooms at the Historic Hotel Nevada, and showering there is a fun little adventure with the temperature changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast