Thread: will be taking a ccw class

Post imported post

Finding out information today I will apply for my ccw. Westminster and Thorton do have a open carry ban. Federal Heights does not have a ban as of yet.

Post imported post

State preemption voids these bans. The only city or county in Colorado that has a court ruled "reason" for an open carry ban is Denver city and county. However, in the metro area a CCW isn't a bad idea because you can freely carry into the county limits of Denver and in parks like Lookout Mountain.

Post imported post

ZackL wrote:
    State preemption voids these bans. The only city or county in Colorado that has a court ruled "reason" for an open carry ban is Denver city and county. However, in the metro area a CCW isn't a bad idea because you can freely carry into the county limits of Denver and in parks like Lookout Mountain.
    Exactly.

For the record; every single town that has a ban on Open Carry is officially and legally void. *Except Denver

Just keep your eyes open for properly posted signs that prohibit Open Carry- the only legal way to do so.

Post imported post

Westminster does not have a ban, and I have spoken twice to the City Attorneys office about it and they do not enforce any OC ban.

Citney will point out, correctly, that none are valid

colo sam wrote:
    Finding out information today I will apply for my ccw. Westminster and Thorton do have a open carry ban. Federal Heights does not have a ban as of yet.