• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

will be taking a ccw class

colo sam

imported post

Finding out information today I will apply for my ccw. Westminster and Thorton do have a open carry ban. Federal Heights does not have a ban as of yet.

ZackL

imported post

State preemption voids these bans. The only city or county in Colorado that has a court ruled "reason" for an open carry ban is Denver city and county. However, in the metro area a CCW isn't a bad idea because you can freely carry into the county limits of Denver and in parks like Lookout Mountain.

cscitney87

imported post

ZackL wrote:
State preemption voids these bans. The only city or county in Colorado that has a court ruled "reason" for an open carry ban is Denver city and county. However, in the metro area a CCW isn't a bad idea because you can freely carry into the county limits of Denver and in parks like Lookout Mountain.
Exactly.

For the record; every single town that has a ban on Open Carry is officially and legally void. *Except Denver

Just keep your eyes open for properly posted signs that prohibit Open Carry- the only legal way to do so.

Pace

imported post

Westminster does not have a ban, and I have spoken twice to the City Attorneys office about it and they do not enforce any OC ban.

Citney will point out, correctly, that none are valid

colo sam wrote:
Finding out information today I will apply for my ccw. Westminster and Thorton do have a open carry ban. Federal Heights does not have a ban as of yet.