Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax refunds, anyone get anything new?

Post imported post

So'd anyone splurge and get themselves a new carry piece?

I did.

NDS stamped, so it's an actual German Police gun.

-Richard-

Post imported post

Ooooh that is nifty!! I will have to meet up with you as I have always wanted to shoot one of those!

I purchased 2000 primers and 2000 lead projectiles and some powder to load 9mm!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I got a new motorcycle...it's allowed me to OC in many new places. It was supposed to help finish my long range .30cal rifle project, but when my buddy laid my old bike down I had to replace it.

I still intend to finish the build by the end of this summer.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    I got a new motorcycle...it's allowed me to OC in many new places. It was supposed to help finish my long range .30cal rifle project, but when my buddy laid my old bike down I had to replace it.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

I bought a Mossey 500, and hopefully a house....:P

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    sevenplusone wrote:

Pictures or it didn't happen...

I bought a Mossey 500, and hopefully a house....:P
    I've been riding like crazy, but I haven't taken any pics yet. Perhaps tomorrow weather depending. It's a mint-condition '82 Suzuki GS850L. 4 cylinder, duel-overhead cam, 81 horsepower, w/a 9000rpm redline. Runs glassy smooth and came with all the extra goodies (though right now it's stripped down to pure riding goodness). I've put a couple thousand miles on it already this riding season. My dad got me a really nice Miami Classic shoulder holster for my Dan Wesson for Christimas. He's pretty awesomefor an 'ol man.

Post imported post

We paid off our credit card.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

MarineSgt wrote:
    A worthy use of the money! Good job!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

office888 wrote:

I did.

-Richard-
    I LOVE IT!! Been looking at those all the time. One of these days i'll get one.

Post imported post

MarineSgt wrote:
    Hmmm...good move. Before I got my bike a piece went towards my wife's student loan.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:

you will love it very good choice i have a 81 GS650G its a great runner, just make sure to start every month or soo the carbs have tendency to gum up if you dont

Edit> back to OT i picked up a Ruger LCR thanks to obamas extra tax credit thanks JERK

Post imported post

I got a new-to-me car, a whole bunch of trees and plants for the yard, and money put aside for my annual trip to Colorado.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Zukirider wrote:
    sevenplusone wrote:

you will love it very good choice i have a 81 GS650G its a great runner, just make sure to start every month or soo the carbs have tendency to gum up if you dont

Edit> back to OT i picked up a Ruger LCR thanks to obamas extra tax credit thanks JERK
    It's going to be hard pressed to find a month where I don't ride it. I rode my bike last year on Dec 31 and Jan 1. If the roads are clear and it's above freezing I'll ride. I love old air-cooled rice burners.This isn't my first...though it is my largest.I'mhoping to add a liquid-cooled sportbike in the future. That said,this bike is an absolute blast and makes very few compromises. Surprisingly quick, efficient, and also surprising on the handling front. I ride the heck out of any bikeI own, I have yet to findone that wasn't up to the task.

Post imported post

I haven't gotten anything yet.

Then again, I haven't gotten my tax return yet either. I do plan on getting a Mossy HD shotty though. Pics to come.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

My refund splurge:

"Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Post imported post

Gee, you guys are lucky. Mine went for consumers and hamburger , so I could stay warm with a full belly! :celebrate

Post imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
    My refund splurge:

Nice, i was looking at these on their site last night. Once I finally get my CPL this will be one of my first CC weapons, along with a M&P40c.

I am hoping to get my return soon so I can buy another OC weapon, the FN Five/Seven.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
    My refund splurge:

Did you stamp your name onto it or is that just a photoshop special? great gun i can not belive how lite this gun is its just unreal!

Post imported post

I removed the serial numbers for posting and the space looked bare so I PhotoShop'd my usernae onto it.

I can't get over how light it is either. I walked around the store for an hour earlier this morning to get some groceries with my Nike pants on and even though I didn't have the string tied very tight I managed to not pants myself once.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Post imported post

Zukirider wrote:
    bandersnatch wrote:
    My refund splurge:

Did you stamp your name onto it or is that just a photoshop special? great gun i can not belive how lite this gun is its just unreal!
    I bought mine a few months back and it quickly became my favorite, you don't even feel your carrying it. Shoots awesome, feels awesome.. IMHO Ruger hit a grand slam with this one and I was NOT a revolver guy

Post imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
    My refund splurge:

The specs say 38, but does not say anything about +P. Do you know if it will handle +P? I have been looking for a compact revolver. This one is interesting.

Post imported post

it does take +P its all i shoot with

Post imported post

Zukirider wrote:
    It's a Ruger...even if it is Polymer you can't hurt it.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    Zukirider wrote:
    It's a Ruger...even if it is Polymer you can't hurt it.
    it says on the side of the gun 38 special +p

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Ooooh that is nifty!! I will have to meet up with you as I have always wanted to shoot one of those!

I purchased 2000 primers and 2000 lead projectiles and some powder to load 9mm!
    Sure thing, just let me know when you're heading out to the range. I'm not finicky, you're more than welcome to shoot some of your reloads through it.

sevenplusone wrote:
    It's going to be hard pressed to find a month where I don't ride it. I rode my bike last year on Dec 31 and Jan 1. If the roads are clear and it's above freezing I'll ride. I love old air-cooled rice burners.¬*This isn't my first...though it is my largest.¬*I'm¬*hoping to add a liquid-cooled sportbike in the future. That said,¬*this bike is an absolute blast and makes very few compromises. Surprisingly quick, efficient, and also surprising on the handling front. I ride the heck out of any bike¬*I own, I have yet to find¬*one that wasn't up to the task. ¬*
    ~70s CB750s are absolutely excellent.

I'm always looking for one to buy on the supercheap, as a cafe project.

-Richard-

Post imported post

office888 wrote:

I did.

-Richard-
    Nice gun!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast